• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vapor Canister Purge Valve!!

Started by ZSHO, December 06, 2016, 04:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x77x

i meant the rear female end of the hose was too small (DG1Z9G271B)... its bigger on the original lincoln one

but i did manage to break a clip... on the rear one, theres 2 clips on the same female connection... and of course they are 2 dif sizes...

FiveLeeter918

Hey guys, been dealing with the P0455 and P0457 codes for a few months now and came across this post doing research. Right now I can clear the codes and they come back on after 100 miles of driving. Had someone mention the purge valve so I started searching and found this.

I followed the test procedure detailed on page 2, and I'm not getting suction with or without the electrical connector in place. When I pull the yellow clip on the manifold, I am getting lots of suction, so does that mean the purge valve is bad?

2013 Taurus SHO.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ZSHO

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on June 06, 2019, 12:15:59 PM
Hey guys, been dealing with the P0455 and P0457 codes for a few months now and came across this post doing research. Right now I can clear the codes and they come back on after 100 miles of driving. Had someone mention the purge valve so I started searching and found this.

I followed the test procedure detailed on page 2, and I'm not getting suction with or without the electrical connector in place. When I pull the yellow clip on the manifold, I am getting lots of suction, so does that mean the purge valve is bad?

2013 Taurus SHO.
It sounds like the Vapor solenoid is stuck in the closed position and would order a new solenoid for a peace of mind especially being an emission related component. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FiveLeeter918

yea ordered one and it'll be here tomorrow. just wondering if it's stuck closed if it would register as a leak or if my search continues...
- Lee

ZSHO

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on June 06, 2019, 01:41:39 PM
yea ordered one and it'll be here tomorrow. just wondering if it's stuck closed if it would register as a leak or if my search continues...
If the Solenoid is stuck closed it would suggest it has failed electronically and would emitt a P0-455 code IIRC! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

If you vacuum tested the purge valve and it did not hold vacuum, the purge valve has failed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

At least your vapor canister purge valve doesn't distort the fuel tank, which in turn can cause the car to stall at any time under a half tank of gas and cause accidents.  This issue caused a massive recall in the Focus world.  Having an ST get shafted twice because its an ST and I have Ford's Performance Calibration.  This is what the service manager told me about me inquiry to the recall work. 

"At this time, Ford cannot physically fix the recalled issue because they "don't have the parts or the software update for the ST". So I am regulated to put fuel in my car every third day and keep it above a half tank to ensure safe operation.  They said a fix would come out in Q1 of 2019, yet it is June and nothing.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 11:09:05 AM
At least your vapor canister purge valve doesn't distort the fuel tank, which in turn can cause the car to stall at any time under a half tank of gas and cause accidents.  This issue caused a massive recall in the Focus world.  Having an ST get shafted twice because its an ST and I have Ford's Performance Calibration.  This is what the service manager told me about me inquiry to the recall work. 

"At this time, Ford cannot physically fix the recalled issue because they "don't have the parts or the software update for the ST". So I am regulated to put fuel in my car every third day and keep it above a half tank to ensure safe operation.  They said a fix would come out in Q1 of 2019, yet it is June and nothing.
I hope they come out with permanant viable fix soon! Don't need the Gas tank imploding! Z

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on June 07, 2019, 01:04:45 PM
Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 11:09:05 AM

I hope they come out with permanant viable fix soon! Don't need the Gas tank imploding! Z

It makes my head hurt, but what can I do.  I love my ST, but COME ON MAN!
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

FiveLeeter918

UPDATE: Replaced the purge valve and lines Saturday, as of yet no CEL :)
- Lee

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2010Limited

I have 2010 Flex eco boost and have been getting the check fuel filler message and CEL for a small leak. Today I got the p0455 for a large leak. Can you guys tell me which vapor canister purge valve I should order? There's a ton of part #'s in this thread.
Thanks in advance

SHOdded

ZSHO

Quote from: 2010Limited on August 21, 2019, 08:56:35 PM
I have 2010 Flex eco boost and have been getting the check fuel filler message and CEL for a small leak. Today I got the p0455 for a large leak. Can you guys tell me which vapor canister purge valve I should order? There's a ton of part #'s in this thread.
Thanks in advance
Do you have a PIC of the stock valve! Pm me a link if needed. 

This should be the correct part for your vehicle but sometimes it can be confusing especially for the 2010MY!! Z

Ford Part No - 8G1Z-9F945-A
Solenoid Assembly

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-solenoid-asy_8g1z-9f945-a.html?Make=Ford&Model=Flex&Year=2010&Submodel=&Filter=(30393)&Location=fuel-vapor-system,,9F945B

2010Limited

I'll get a pic of the stock one asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk