• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vapor Canister Purge Valve!!

Started by ZSHO, December 06, 2016, 04:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: JonSHO on March 10, 2017, 07:24:02 PM
Here's a photo of the purge valve with part #s. Looks different but maybe just an older version of the one ZSHO posted? I don't know but I'm glad I'm doing this and not some apathetic Ford mechanic.
I guess curiosity kills,lol and ended up taking mine apart and IMHO they indeed look pretty much identical.
It looks like you removed the Power and Port connector correct.? Z  Here's mine below for reference part number (8G1Z9F945A) hope this helps any. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

JonSHO

Nice! Now we have 3 different Ford part #'s for the purge valve! LOL.

JonSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 12, 2017, 04:22:34 PM
Here's a photo of the purge valve with part #s. Looks different but maybe just an older version of the one ZSHO posted? I don't know but I'm glad I'm doing this and not some apathetic Ford mechanic.
I guess curiosity kills,lol and ended up taking mine apart and IMHO they indeed look pretty much identical.
It looks  like you removed the Power and Port connector correct.? Z  Here's mine below for reference,hope this helps any. Z

Thanks for taking the time to take photos of yours. I appreciate it.  Is that indeed DG1Z-9G271-B?

It is possible the purge valve on my car was replaced under warranty with the 2013 part. I'm the 2nd owner. I'm just suggesting that as a possibility to explain this confusion. It makes no sense that my car would have the 2013 purge valve. And further, if that IS the case, it means this is the 2nd time it has needed to be replaced. I don't know, just suspicious.

ZSHO

Quote from: JonSHO on March 12, 2017, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 12, 2017, 04:22:34 PM
It looks  like you removed the Power and Port connector correct.? Z  Here's mine below for reference,hope this helps any. Z

Thanks for taking the time to take photos of yours. I appreciate it.  Is that indeed DG1Z-9G271-B?

It is possible the purge valve on my car was replaced under warranty with the 2013 part. I'm the 2nd owner. I'm just suggesting that as a possibility to explain this confusion. It makes no sense that my car would have the 2013 purge valve. And further, if that IS the case, it means this is the 2nd time it has needed to be replaced. I don't know, just suspicious.
It could be plausible that it's a new revised part especially if it was replaced under warranty   Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

JonSHO

Plot thickens. I finally went into my local Ford dealer and gave them the VIN, and was told the purge valve for the 2010 SHO is AA5Z-9G271-C for $154. Searched online, no photos of this part exist anywhere (description is "HOSE - CONNECTING"). I'm guessing though that this is the correct part but why the hell it would cost 5x more than the 2013 version? I'm going to order the one that resembles mine for $36 and see what happens. That DG1Z-9G271-B price must be a mistake. It seems to be the same part, connecting hose (without mention of the damn purge valve in the middle).

ZSHO

Quote from: JonSHO on March 19, 2017, 07:44:28 PM
Plot thickens. I finally went into my local Ford dealer and gave them the VIN, and was told the purge valve for the 2010 SHO is AA5Z-9G271-C for $154. Searched online, no photos of this part exist anywhere (description is "HOSE - CONNECTING"). I'm guessing though that this is the correct part but why the hell it would cost 5x more than the 2013 version? I'm going to order the one that resembles mine for $36 and see what happens. That DG1Z-9G271-B price must be a mistake. It seems to be the same part, connecting hose (without mention of the damn purge valve in the middle).
The DG1Z-9G271B which i ordered came as a complete (assembly) with the valve and connectors. Z

JonSHO

I might just take the valve out and use that if the hose connectors are different. Hopefully it'll work. Fingers crossed!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Here is my original valve and yours for comparison,hope it helps any. BTW ignore the BOV next to it. LOL. Z

MINE

YOURS

JonSHO

So, to conclude my addendum to this thread, after replacing the doohickey (long day...:P) and also the air filter, cleared the code, and it didn't come back, passed smog yesterday. Good to go.

The top hose (nearest firewall) did not fit so I had to use the old one. Bottom hose did fit so I used the new one. (referring to the Tasca replacement). 

$55 total cost with air filter. Vs $300+ at the Ford dealer. Thanks a bunch guys for this thread.

SHOdded

Awesome sauce!  These codes can be really annoying to put to rest.  Thanks Z for the assist :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

firewater88

Thanks for this! I had been getting code P0456 for a while of and on, took to dealer a while back and they diagnosed it and wanted over $300 to fix. At least they didn't charge me for a diagnosis, since the just replaced the long block... Took the quote home and ordered the part number from Rock Auto, which was none of these listed and when it came in, I did a reverse search and find. It was the valve on the canister under the rear of the car. Still get the code now and then, especially when it sits on hot days.
Just looked under the hood and those pics match what i have! I was having issues finding the right part for my 2011 Flex EB too. I will order this part and see if that fixes it.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

SHOdded

ZSHO

That's great to hear this thread is benefiting many members!  :)
It looks like the FLEX has the same exact part number as mine. Z
FYI the solenoid is a complete plug and play kit(unit) which consists of the Solenoid and Hose connectors.
VENT CONTROL SOLENOID - FORD (8G1Z-9F945-A)  54.74 ea.

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-vent-control-solenoid-8g1z9f945a/?c=Zz1lbWlzc2lvbi1zeXN0ZW0mcz1lbWlzc2lvbi1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9TVQwOTE5NjUmcj0yJmE9Zm9yZCZvPWZsZXgmeT0yMDExJnQ9bGltaXRlZCZlPTMtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-solenoid-asy_8g1z-9f945-a.html?Make=Ford&Model=Flex&Year=2011&Submodel=&Filter=(30393;28765)&Location=fuel-vapour-system,,9F945B

firewater88

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2011,flex,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1446490,exhaust+&+emission,vapor+canister+vent+valve+/+solenoid,16992

This is the one I put on my Flex last fall. Easy to change, once I found it.

I ordered the one from tasca parts listed here, also got a small body trim part I needed.
Thanks again

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO