• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random questions and shameless plug

Started by Black Dream, July 10, 2019, 11:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

No but I'm replacing my low beam bulbs tomorrow and I'm going to remove the lights to check them out.  Stay tuned...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

SHOdded

Better not use heat as an excuse to back out :P Looking forward to what you find!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Black Dream

It's interesting how we're hearing about "deadly heat" gripping the nation and it's just summer as usual here.  High 90's to low 100's with humidity above 80%, at least here on the coast we usually have a healthy afternoon breeze to cool us off. It's tolerable in the shade but in the bright sunlight it's brutal. I've decided you don't ever get used to it, we just learn how to deal with it.  Doesn't help I sweat like a stuck pig haha.

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

griggs95

Quote from: Black Dream on July 21, 2019, 08:14:06 PM
It's interesting how we're hearing about "deadly heat" gripping the nation and it's just summer as usual here.  High 90's to low 100's with humidity above 80%, at least here on the coast we usually have a healthy afternoon breeze to cool us off. It's tolerable in the shade but in the bright sunlight it's brutal. I've decided you don't ever get used to it, we just learn how to deal with it.  Doesn't help I sweat like a stuck pig haha.

That's just the typical media making us scared to go outside since there's a Russian hiding around every corner on top of this "deadly" heat lol.

Nice pick-up btw! Those MKS's have so much class, I really dig those cars. How comfy are those seats?
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

Black Dream

They're super comfortable as you can imagine. In this climate the air conditioned seat feature and remote start are invaluable because I can cool the car down before I get in it and keep cool once I'm in there. And that's especially important since the car's black on black.

Black Dream

Well the lights didn't happen today. Started the bumper removal then life got in the way. I did change the oil and fixed my undertray. The car lot I bought it from did a fantastic job detailing it, even had a fresh coat of wax. But they took it to a bane of my existence, a quick change oil place. Those douchecanoes (sorry, love that word) somehow managed to knock 3 of the 4 brackets the bolts fit into up into the frame and just zip tied the damn thing back on. I managed to fish all 3 out, total pain in the ass, and put them back where they belong so it fits nice and snug like it should. I was floored how clean the underside is, mind you this car has 100K miles on it.  The top of the motor is super clean as well but I wasn't prepared for what I found underneath. I really did find a unicorn as I've said in the past. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.  I haven't touched the top or the bottom of the motor, from a cleaning perspective, except to replace the battery, install the new plugs and add the Airaid.  Great looking battery eh?

Black Dream

And then this happened, I'm torn between it being too bling bling and "Damn, that looks great"  lol.

I wish Unleashed had a smaller option, this one's 8" wide and I think a 5 incher would look better (said no female ever hehe) to me. Only time will tell I guess, I think my age is showing.....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SCRWLOOSE26

Quote from: Black Dream on July 22, 2019, 08:18:48 PM
And then this happened, I'm torn between it being too bling bling and "Damn, that looks great"  lol.

I wish Unleashed had a smaller option, this one's 8" wide and I think a 5 incher would look better (said no female ever hehe) to me. Only time will tell I guess, I think my age is showing.....

I think it looks sick man. Torrie does great work. He just finalized the tune for my SHO, and I fell in love with my car all over again. Good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO non-PP: 3 Bar Map, Rat Stat 170 Thermostat, SP-542 Plugs gapped .026, Gearhead AO Tune, PPE Catted Downpipes, MSD Coils, AEM Drop In, DiCunzolo Gen 2 Mounts

Simonsays

Maybe i need to do a cut vinyl logo for you tuned folk.

Another night of suspense.... Cue the drum roll!

MKS Tom

2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Simonsays

Ok, so life I see is interesting for me as well, did you ever find out what those mini projectors are for??