• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vapor Canister Purge Valve!!

Started by ZSHO, December 06, 2016, 04:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I just wanted to give a quick update if anyone is in need of ordering a new Vapor Canister Purge Valve for your 13+SHO/Flex/Xsport and pretty sure there compatible with all the above mentioned vehicles.

I guess after some trial and error found out that www.fordpart.com lists part number 9C915(CX-2409)  and is incorrect and does not fit....even after typing in my vin number.
                                                  http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=oUXyqE3EIA6E3VrDGIasAQ%3d%3d&id=399018608&m=2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Taurus 

Rock auto also lists part number CX2409 and also does not fit.     http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2604044&cc=1503823&jsn=436

The correct part number would be (DG1Z-9G271-B) and found the best price on http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/dg1z9g271b  for 36.15 which includes the whole assembly,valve and hose connector's and simply a plug and play unit which literally takes roughly 10 minutes to install and its located between the rear valve cover and top of the manifold,hope this helps someone out in ordering the correct purge valve for your ecoboost,any questions feel free to ask.LMK.  Z

Her's some pic's of the newly installed purge valve solenoid.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Disheartening that fordparts is pointing to the incorrect part number.  RockAuto does have incorrect listings from time to time, that I knew.  Great info & pics :)

Item  Part Number  Description 
1  14A464  Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge valve electrical connector 
2  9G271  EVAP canister purge valve 
3  —  EVAP canister purge valve-to-vapor tube quick connect coupling (part of 9G271) 
4  —  EVAP canister purge valve-to-intake manifold quick connect coupling (part of 9G271) 
5  9J279  Vapor tube 
6  —  Intake manifold boss (part of 9424) 
7  9424  Intake manifold
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Here is a quick update for ya'll and didn't want to rush to judgement.....
I have to say for quite sometime now have been experiencing a rough idle,stumble situation especially in the colder months which honestly was quite frustrating to say the least and tried many troubleshooting methods to no avail!

I also noticed when returning to stock tune that my I/M took much longer than usual to complete especially the rear 02 sensors prior to inspection.
I guess a faulty purge valve is also known to throw off your fuel trims a bit which can cause the above mentioned symptoms,issues to occur.
Its also amazing that such a relatively cheap part can wreak mayhem in many ways.
I also wanted to give SHOdded a  :bigthanx:  :bigthanx: for advising me in the right direction and IMHO the car is purring like a kitten and smoooooth as butter and back in business. :).. Z 
:drive: Also below there is a video referenced to the issue. Z   :drive:           

http://youtu.be/S6dsQoq73aE

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

let's hope this valve does the trick!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ogp

I have a '13 ecoboost flex and I'm getting a P0456. I cleared it a month or so ago by inserting the fuel funnel a few times but it has come up again. Is this version of the vapor canister purge valve unable to be tested as shown by FordTechMakuloco on youtube? Would I be checking the port that goes to the vapor tube, right? Or the end that goes to the manifold? Even with the car running fine, should I not worry about testing and just replace it? Try cleaning the filler cap again?
I did have the filler neck replaced under recall at the end of last year (the smell of gasoline became quite strong) and shortly after that is when I had my first P0456 error code. Coincidence?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
2013 Ford Flex Limited ecoboost

ZSHO

Quote from: ogp on March 07, 2017, 10:58:09 AM
I have a '13 ecoboost flex and I'm getting a P0456. I cleared it a month or so ago by inserting the fuel funnel a few times but it has come up again. Is this version of the vapor canister purge valve unable to be tested as shown by FordTechMakuloco on youtube? Would I be checking the port that goes to the vapor tube, right? Or the end that goes to the manifold? Even with the car running fine, should I not worry about testing and just replace it? Try cleaning the filler cap again?
I did have the filler neck replaced under recall at the end of last year (the smell of gasoline became quite strong) and shortly after that is when I had my first P0456 error code. Coincidence?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
I would remove the power/Harness/green/connector and with the vehicle running check to see if there is any type of suction by placing your finger on the port with the green connector and if so it needs replacing.
BTW It did fix my rough idle. Z
Due setup an intro OGP by following the below link,many thanks and welcome.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

ogp

Thanks for the info.
I checked with the power disconnected and there was no vacuum. With the power connected there was a noticeable vacuum. So I guess that isn't my problem. I did the fuel funnel trick and cleared the code. Didn't come back up after a restart. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and see if it comes back up.
Thanks again!
2013 Ford Flex Limited ecoboost

SHOdded

There's always the 30 minute battery disconnect method if it comes back.  Of course that also means you will have to let the PCM relearn and complete the drive cycle.

JonSHO

Thanks for this helpful thread. I have a 2010 SHO and the local Ford parts guy was bewildered trying to find the purge valve for my car. This really is a huge screw-up. As far as I can tell, my 2010 purge valve looks just like the 2013 valve in the photos posted here. This is the purge valve for my car according to Ford: TASCA LINK.

Whatever happens, I'll have saved $300 doing this myself, including diagnosing the problem with my $20 Veepeak ODBII scanner. I've owned a SCT but never a cheap scanner. I was pleasantly surprised that it showed a description of the P-code too. So I'm already $100 in the black. If this "DG1Z-9G271-B" is all I need, damn, that's a cheap fix. The parts counter guy at first tried to sell me a vapor canister rather than the purge valve. It just seems to me that there's a difference with the Ecoboost engine that isn't communicated very well by Ford.

SHOdded

The parts catalog has also been under revision as of late, so I would doublecheck the catalog vs actusl part oncar wherever possible.

ZSHO

Quote from: JonSHO on March 10, 2017, 07:01:48 PM
Thanks for this helpful thread. I have a 2010 SHO and the local Ford parts guy was bewildered trying to find the purge valve for my car. This really is a huge screw-up. As far as I can tell, my 2010 purge valve looks just like the 2013 valve in the photos posted here. This is the purge valve for my car according to Ford: TASCA LINK.

Whatever happens, I'll have saved $300 doing this myself, including diagnosing the problem with my $20 Veepeak ODBII scanner. I've owned a SCT but never a cheap scanner. I was pleasantly surprised that it showed a description of the P-code too. So I'm already $100 in the black. If this "DG1Z-9G271-B" is all I need, damn, that's a cheap fix. The parts counter guy at first tried to sell me a vapor canister rather than the purge valve. It just seems to me that there's a difference with the Ecoboost engine that isn't communicated very well by Ford.
Jon how many miles on your SHO? X2 on what SHOdded said.
It seems that your 10 SHO has the identical part as mine .9F945   (8G1Z9F945A) 55.52  and if you would be kind enough to setup a intro for yourself,many thanks.  Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=0OVuF%2f90jWqx9KS6IUoc0w%3d%3d&id=410347348&m=2&search=true&year=2010&make=Ford&model=Taurus
http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/taurus/8g1z9f945a/2010-year/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/emission-system-cat/emission-components-scat/?part_name=solenoid

JonSHO

Here's a photo of the purge valve with part #s. Looks different but maybe just an older version of the one ZSHO posted? I don't know but I'm glad I'm doing this and not some apathetic Ford mechanic.

JonSHO

Can anyone confirm that DG1Z-9G271-B is correct for cars prior to 2013?

ZSHO

Quote from: JonSHO on March 11, 2017, 05:28:44 PM
Can anyone confirm that DG1Z-9G271-B is correct for cars prior to 2013?
I'm still seeing part number 8G1Z-9F945-A   9F945- based on a Vin from a 10 SHO and looks identical to mine.  Z
Production Date: 06/2009-12/2013

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-solenoid-asy_8g1z-9f945-a.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT6AG151697&Filter=()&Location=fuel-vapour-system,,9F945

SHOdded