• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stainless Braided Brake Lines - Worth it??

Started by MiWiAu, December 04, 2016, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: irondoor19 on April 19, 2017, 03:56:53 PM
put Goodridge SS on the 2011 & the 2010, Yes you can Feel the Difference

Absolutely worth the Money, if you can find the Pre-made kit, Even better,
Plus THMotorsports had a Christmas Sale they were 60% OFF.....

Very Easy to Install the Pre-made Kit, Fit like they were supposed to, NOW

if you can find them for your ride....

https://thmotorsports.com/brakes/p-10028.aspx?utm_source=ExpressPigeon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Corsa+and+Volant+Rebate

Wow, you learn something New every Day,
Thanks for that, And I lOV (and hate) this site,
hate it because it make me want to Upgrade everything...HA HA
I just ordered a set of Goodridge from these guys, they were the cheapest i was able to find.

$126 shipped for all 4

firewater88

Quote from: irondoor19 on April 19, 2017, 03:56:53 PM
put Goodridge SS on the 2011 & the 2010, Yes you can Feel the Difference

Absolutely worth the Money, if you can find the Pre-made kit, Even better,
Plus THMotorsports had a Christmas Sale they were 60% OFF.....

Very Easy to Install the Pre-made Kit, Fit like they were supposed to, NOW

if you can find them for your ride....

https://thmotorsports.com/brakes/p-10028.aspx?utm_source=ExpressPigeon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Corsa+and+Volant+Rebate

Wow, you learn something New every Day,
Thanks for that, And I lOV (and hate) this site,
hate it because it make me want to Upgrade everything...HA HA

I put these on my 2011 Flex when I did the HD brake upgrade recently. I also bought them from THMotorsports. Shipping was delayed and was told it was a manufacturing issue, apparently got it resolved... Install was easy and straight forward.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

MiWiAu

Bleh... according to Tasca the XSport and SHO use the same front flex lines, but the rears are different. I can have Brakequip custom DOT lines made locally, but I was roughly quoted $50-60 per line. I'll have to chew on it. Baby on the way, so all expenses are getting extra scrutiny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Half-Fast

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 21, 2017, 04:23:12 PM
Baby on the way, so all expenses are getting extra scrutiny
You're done. Trade the car in on a base mode focus, used.
2014 SHO PP Deep Impact Blue.  All stock...

MiWiAu

Quote from: Half-Fast on April 21, 2017, 05:29:20 PM

Haha. I knocked her up literally 2 weeks after pulling the trigger on the XSport. Turrible timing. Just turrible. :P

2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 21, 2017, 05:40:08 PM

Haha. I knocked her up literally 2 weeks after pulling the trigger on the XSport. Turrible timing. Just turrible. :P

Please tell us it was in the backseat of the XSport :D
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

Quote from: derfdog15 on April 24, 2017, 02:50:20 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on April 21, 2017, 05:40:08 PM

Please tell us it was in the backseat of the XSport :D

Haha. Not this little guy. Maybe the next one. LOL.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Here we are, trying to reduce knock, get more timing advance, and here you are ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ncole

Bleh... according to Tasca the XSport and SHO use the same front flex lines, but the rears are different. I can have Brakequip custom DOT lines made locally, but I was roughly quoted $50-60 per line. I'll have to chew on it. Baby on the way, so all expenses are getting extra scrutiny...

And I can tell you from prior OE manufacturing engineer experience, Brakequip fittings are junk.  I hated making brake assemblies with them, and that quote is a bit extreme.  You are looking at less than $15 in material I would guess and about two minutes to crimp and test.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

MiWiAu

Quote from: ncole on April 25, 2017, 09:36:40 AM

And I can tell you from prior OE manufacturing engineer experience, Brakequip fittings are junk.  I hated making brake assemblies with them, and that quote is a bit extreme.  You are looking at less than $15 in material I would guess and about two minutes to crimp and test.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll seek out alternatives. Do you have any recommendations for a custom line maker with reasonable costs?

2013 XSport

ncole

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 25, 2017, 09:47:38 AM
Quote from: ncole on April 25, 2017, 09:36:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll seek out alternatives. Do you have any recommendations for a custom line maker with reasonable costs?

Unfortunately, no.  If I still worked there, I could build some lines by getting some info on sizes for pretty cheap with Brakequip parts.  They have a huge library, but use cheap sourced low quality Chinese parts. My point was more that the price was way out of line for what you are getting. I wouldn't say you are risking losing brakes, if they test good I would trust them. Many small shops have a crimper and tester in one that is branded Brakequip and it is for making one off hoses.  You buy a little stock of common fittings, and downtime is greatly reduced, that is where Brakequip makes sense.  Now, looking at the Goodridge kit that is engineered specifically for this application, I can see justifying the price.  I can tell in pictures alone that the fittings are better quality too.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

Macgyver