• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hesitation in boost and high rpm

Started by polskifacet, December 04, 2016, 12:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Waiting on a yes or no from LMS on adjusting the tune. I would be shocked if they were against the change as that's the only thing that has made my car happy over the last months of troubleshooting. Hopefully they send me new tunes quickly and I can post a log.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

Quote from: polskifacet on April 13, 2017, 11:49:10 AM
Yes same problem before motor replacement.

How sure are you that the HPFP is different? Its a $350 part that takes 5 minutes to swap over... reason being... if you have a weak spring in the HPFP then under load it would not perform well...

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 13, 2017, 02:16:45 PM
Quote from: polskifacet on April 13, 2017, 11:49:10 AM
Yes same problem before motor replacement.

How sure are you that the HPFP is different? Its a $350 part that takes 5 minutes to swap over... reason being... if you have a weak spring in the HPFP then under load it would not perform well...

Yes sir, it's date stamped
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

polskifacet

polskifacet

Flashed the 91 octane LMS tune before my way to work today and couldn't get it under 1800 PSI. Tried all the normal procedures. Was monitoring with torque app. No hesitation. I have been contemplating how much more time I want to invest in this issue and since I have a borescope, I should be able to check for leaky injectors if LMS or anyone could provide a how-to I know what to look for and how to make the fuel pump turn on or if I have to crank the engine etc. If those check out, I can replace the fuel line with a braided variant for something around $200?

ZSHO

Quote from: polskifacet on April 14, 2017, 11:31:58 AM
Flashed the 91 octane LMS tune before my way to work today and couldn't get it under 1800 PSI. Tried all the normal procedures. Was monitoring with torque app. No hesitation. I have been contemplating how much more time I want to invest in this issue and since I have a borescope, I should be able to check for leaky injectors if LMS or anyone could provide a how-to I know what to look for and how to make the fuel pump turn on or if I have to crank the engine etc. If those check out, I can replace the fuel line with a braided variant for something around $200?
I will see what i can dig up for ya but need to give me some time.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

My guess is the warmer ambient temps outside are the difference.

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 14, 2017, 12:10:36 PM
My guess is the warmer ambient temps outside are the difference.
I've logged in 50s before and it's been worse.

ZSHO

There is unfortunately nothing in the Ford WSM on how to exactly perform this procedure or anything linked directly to this procedure. :(
The only thing IIRC is to remove the spark plugs and then inserting the Boroscope inside the spark plug wells ,then pressurizing the injectors by turning the key on,while at the same time looking for a drip into the cylinder,side note do not crank the engine while Boroscope is inside the cylinder.

The other option is to have it Diagnosed with IDS Software to perform an injector Flow Test.
Hopefully LMS or others will have a broader perspective on exact detailed instructions.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Did the procedure Z has stated and I could not see any type of leaking.

polskifacet

ZSHO

Glad everything checked out accordingly i guess.
Thats pure Commitment at its finest.
IMO would focus on the rear of the car where you found those wires cut!!!. Z

"HOW TO Section" anyone!!!.  Z

polskifacet

Quote from: ZSHO on April 15, 2017, 07:53:05 AM
Glad everything checked out accordingly i guess.
Thats pure Commitment at its finest.
IMO would focus on the rear of the car where you found those wires cut!!!. Z

"HOW TO Section" anyone!!!.  Z
I remember how that wire got cut, my exhaust guy was using a sawzall and it slipped. I checked the harness there closely and it only carries bumper related stuff. Next plan of attack is the fuel line. If anyone has insight on the type of fittings required etc that info would be great. I'll be shooting for a 6an braided line. Should be fairly straightforward except for incorporating the fuel pressure sensor which will probably require dropping the tank.

Note: will give you guys a break for the next two weeks, going back to the motherland to visit family.

SHOdded

Come back refreshed, and enjoy time with the family.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!