• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hesitation in boost and high rpm

Started by polskifacet, December 04, 2016, 12:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

What is your desired tip on the 89 octane tune? I only saw your tune that had a desired tip of 186 kpa...is the 89 octane tune less?

Lower load will be lower mass airflow which will require less fuel mass delivered which will help to not consume the fuel in the rail

If the 89 octane tune is better and the desired tip is the same then that is either because the temps are warmer or the 91 octane tune file is possibly corrupted my guess...uncommon though
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

polskifacet

Just uploaded 9 89tune and 10 93tune  these are with 3 gallons of 100 octane added to 20% fuel left on the gauge. Seems like improvement, will take closer look when I get home.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

AJP turbo

Octane has nothing to do with a pressure problem...all you're going to do with high octane is make the ecu scale spark via oar.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

polskifacet

Without a benchmark volume, I cant do anything else. Hopefully LMS could do it on their shop car. Any additional data is valid imo, could lead to clues.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

BoostedSho2010

Maybe not enough timing ? I have got pretty good at reading my data logs my car like a lot of timing. I have 2 different tunes from different tuners I compare. Big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedSho2010

Quote from: BoostedSho2010 on January 22, 2017, 06:34:36 PM
Maybe not enough timing ? I have got pretty good at reading my data logs my car like a lot of timing. I have 2 different tunes from different tuners I compare. Big difference

that's iat 2 temps blue one

BoostedSho2010

good vs not good to much ethanol knock stopped pressure dropped

AJP turbo

Timing has nothing to do with fuel pressure

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

derfdog15

Quote from: BoostedSho2010 on January 22, 2017, 06:46:38 PM

IMO, fuel pressure issues with "too much ethanol" is due to having too much ethanol, you need more volume of ethanol than of normal gas, so if the mix was too heavy on ethanol fuel needed would be higher, thus taxing pumps more. That is my .02 on that.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

BoostedSho2010

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 22, 2017, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: BoostedSho2010 on January 22, 2017, 06:46:38 PM

IMO, fuel pressure issues with "too much ethanol" is due to having too much ethanol, you need more volume of ethanol than of normal gas, so if the mix was too heavy on ethanol fuel needed would be higher, thus taxing pumps more. That is my .02 on that.
Yea I was trying to stop knock and it did but was not safe

BoostedSho2010

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 22, 2017, 07:22:27 PM
I know but it has something to do with hesitation. My car hesitates a lot when it does not have enough timing. Compared to when it's dialed in.

AJP turbo

Quote from: BoostedSho2010 on January 23, 2017, 02:06:32 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on January 22, 2017, 07:22:27 PM
I know but it has something to do with hesitation. My car hesitates a lot when it does not have enough timing. Compared to when it's dialed in.

Your car hesitates because of something else...Timing follows load...The ECU is always trying to run the max amount of spark allowed.....It wants to tickle the knock sensor.

Basically the knock logic is running the max allowed spark at all times.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

polskifacet

Is there a way to see what voltage the HPFP solenoid is getting with the SCT? I wonder if the solenoid is getting incorrect voltage once it starts going higher than stock fuel demand.

polskifacet

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 19, 2017, 01:08:07 PM
Not sure if it helps or not, but here is a log of my XSport in cold(er) temps. I'm not certain, but I assume the fuel system is the same as the SHO?

I also had the AJP boost regulator installed, so it would have helped minimize pressure drops during shifts.

Ambient: 8.6 F
IAT2: mid 50s at start of runs
Target Boost: 14.5 PSI

Note, since this log was taken, I've changed the regulator boost reference and moved down to 15.95 PSI springs, which helps with the pressure drops. We've not had any bitter cold since making these changes, but if it gets back down close to 0, I will log again for comparison.

My log looks very similar to MiWiAu even though he is running more boost(1.5 psi more), the curve, frp recovery and variation is oddly similar.

AJP turbo

Quote from: polskifacet on January 23, 2017, 02:59:39 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on January 19, 2017, 01:08:07 PM
Not sure if it helps or not, but here is a log of my XSport in cold(er) temps. I'm not certain, but I assume the fuel system is the same as the SHO?

I also had the AJP boost regulator installed, so it would have helped minimize pressure drops during shifts.

Ambient: 8.6 F
IAT2: mid 50s at start of runs
Target Boost: 14.5 PSI

Note, since this log was taken, I've changed the regulator boost reference and moved down to 15.95 PSI springs, which helps with the pressure drops. We've not had any bitter cold since making these changes, but if it gets back down close to 0, I will log again for comparison.

My log looks very similar to MiWiAu even though he is running more boost(1.5 psi more), the curve, frp recovery and variation is oddly similar.

I'm not sure there were that similar...I'd have to see exactly which 2 you are looking at....But his boost was higher AND the temps were super frigid and his recovery was much better if I remember...Your log show a clear lack of fueling for the boost level

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress