• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hesitation in boost and high rpm

Started by polskifacet, December 04, 2016, 12:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Another observation - weather much cooler this week 55f but 90% humidity and I don't see the fuel pressure dropping, I can attach logs but I've gotten pretty good at feeling this out. Frustrating lol why can't it just break so I can actually fix something specific.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

Maybe you just need a new 3 bar MAP sensor LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

I also got a response from LMS. The firestorm pump gives no performance increase with my current mods, I would have to get meth or turbo upgrades etc. They of course say they can't tell me anything more without having my car there again. If they were to actually spend time on my vehicle, in two weeks I foresee the bill would easily get beyond $2000. Its a tough one guys, the solution is to probably run Brads tune when I see fuel pressure issues and either work more with Brad or run LMS in the summer.

The two avenues I have is to pull the injectors and send them out for testing and figuring out all the parts to change the feed line from the tank up.

I have reached the end of the road with this issue, it is what it is. Thanks for all the support.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

polskifacet

Quote from: SHOdded on May 24, 2017, 12:22:41 PM
Maybe you just need a new 3 bar MAP sensor LOL.
Tried that with LMS, 2bar same issue.

ZSHO

Its sometimes these intermittent issues that can be most frustrating to say the least.
FWIW here are a couple of Fuel system diagnosis/voltage drop test. Z

http://www.rockauto.com/genImages/26/CarterFuelSystemDiagnosis.pdf

http://www.rockauto.com/genImages/26/fuel_sys_diag_chart.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Quote from: ZSHO on May 24, 2017, 12:54:22 PM
Its sometimes these intermittent issues that can be most frustrating to say the least.
I would't say its intermittent, the temp/humidity is simply less taxing on the fuel system now.

ZSHO

FWIW it does not hurt to check especially if you have a multi-meter and not quite sure it applies to your vehicle.
BCM   6554   –2013 Explorer Fuel Pump Inoperative Connector-C3053– Loose/damaged Female Terminal.   
Sorry man just trying to help ya out. Z

PAGE 2
http://www.ifama.net/documents/fordservicemessagesandbulletins-may-sept2013.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

I'm going to split fuel system troubleshooting into the fuel line thread I made. Too many​ people and history on this one.

polskifacet

Ok guys the separate fuel system diagnosis thread was a success in my opinion. I thoroughly tested every aspect of the fuel system and see no abnormality. I would say its safe to check the fuel system off the list of possibilities.

I already sent LMS an email to see if they are willing to soften up the tune a bit. I am not blaming LMS's tune per-say, but their tune is a tad too aggressive for my car. Like I have said many times over I will sacrifice performance for reliability/efficiency. Lets see what they say.

StealBlueSho

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 08, 2017, 11:10:41 AM
So the HPFP made no difference?
Not 1 my friend, only thing I noticed is your pump was made in Germany and mine is USA. Identical performance.

ZSHO

I know you have a New Long Block and all but based from my experience recently found out that both my front wide band 02 sensors were not responding correctly while having a Dyno-Tune at roughly 52K and might be worth while to have them checked out based on your current mileage.
FWIW both front 02 sensors DID-NOT emit any codes. Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7881.msg120168/topicseen.html

polskifacet

How was this discovered? o2 sensors should show the same issues stock or tuned.

StealBlueSho

I just cleaned the sh!t out of mine with a ton of meth while I was priming the pump trying to get pressure.... should be good to go for a bit longer!!! :-P

polskifacet

I was talking to a buddy and he mentioned boost ramping. After telling him the full story he was confused why LMS won't just adjust the tune. There are many tricks/techniques such as pulling timing and massaging fuel to calm the turbos down a bit. He also mentioned other things like a larger intercooler which will slow down the spike (more high side volume) of air causing my issues. Also bigger exhaust wheel/housing which would loose a little low end but again wouldn't spool up so fast. Super slim chance LMS will go that direction but I feel like its what I have to do.