• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AKEBONO Ceramic Pads

Started by ZSHO, December 01, 2016, 10:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I wash my car twice a week, rims too SI I don't care about dust but I think the stock ones are not really dusty to me. I rather have better stopping power with no other compromises like squealing, pulsating , hard pedal or long warm up. Still leaning Hawk hps. Hard driven daily driver, dot 4 fluid and I have SS brake lines.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Here are the Motorcraft Performance package part numbers as you requested,hope this helps any.  Z  :)
I might try to dedicate a section or sticky this. Z  :hmmm:

13+PP-SHO

DG1Z2001F Brake Pads

DG1Z2200B Brake Pads

DG1Z1125C Rotors

DG1Z2C026A Rotors

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5808957&cc=1503823&jsn=10528

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3901566&cc=1503823&jsn=10539

(COURTESY) OF Megan from http://www.rockauto.com.

5% Discount Code: 3BA67137D2BE4A
Expires: December 21, 2017

Struts-Shocks,strut mounts/bearings,etc can be found below.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Primalzer

I used the DG1Z1125C rotors for my upgrade swap.

I also used the DG1Z2001F semi-metllaic pads.

Fitment was great and performance was good. Only thing I will say is the DG1Z2001F pads create a lot of dust. I went to the Akebono ProACT ceramics, and they are of similar price as the OEM's, but the performance is a touch better and there's far less dust and noise.
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Primalzer on September 06, 2017, 11:40:56 AM
Quote from: sholxgt on September 05, 2017, 10:41:13 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on September 05, 2017, 09:45:16 PM
Quote from: Primalzer on September 05, 2017, 05:12:47 PM

Seriously, when I worked the prices, even with all Motorcraft parts, it ended up being like $100 more than a standard rotor/pad swap. A little extra work, but WELL worth it, IMO. Hell, Rockauto even took my old non-PP calipers on core.

So thats all the extra it would be to do the fronts and rear with PP calipers. Rotors. Pads. ? Or $100 front and $100 rear.

Rear calipers are the same between '13+ PP and non-PP

Are you sure? The non-PP rotors are not vented, whereas the PP's are. Have not checked the part numbers though...

Unless you mean all '13+ vehicles. Everything <'12 besides SHO PP cars, had non-vented rears I believe.

FYI, My 2012 SHO PP has non-vented rear rotors.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

CanadianSHO

I just swapped my 2010 brakes to 2014 brakes with akebono pads, and I haven't noticed any brake dust at all. Also night and day braking performance upgrade with the larger rotors all around.
2010 SHO with 2014 PI brakes, SSMP torque mounts, noisemaker eliminated

skippytx

Anyone have any experience with the Akebono Performance ASP pads for this car?   I've gotten over 70K miles off the original OEM brakes, and I'm just going to replace everything and flush the fluid, and I'm leaning towards the Performance pads over the ACT pads.
2013 Taurus SHO -His
2017 Explorer Sport - Hers

SHOdded

Years upon years ago and comparing to semimetallics.  The ACT pads sucked bigtime.  I had them put on because my service shop recommended them, but they were poor performers compared to the PF SMs I had.

No idea on the ASP pads.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

avidmotion

I used Akebono once, they were ceramic metallic i believe, this was on a buick regal gs....they sucked, I changed them out to Hawk and found love...
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

metroplex

I installed Akebono's ACT1611 on the front of my 2018 Explorer XLT (they get the 352mm HD front brakes, same as the SHO non-PP) and the Edge Code is FF. Stock edge code was FG, also made by Akebono (OEM factory). I didn't feel any improvement in braking performance. From day 1 of this 2018 Explorer, the braking was never very confident. Coming from a SHO and a Fusion Sport, I had to brake hard very early with the explorer to get it to stop where I wanted. I am going to try Akebono's ASP1611 pads in the near future, as those have a GG edge code and are supposed to be better for performance. The Akebono ACT1377B rear pads have a GG edge code FWIW.

Ford uses Akebono for their factory pads in many many many applications. My 07 Mustang GT's stock pads were all Akebono and were low dust and lasted damn near forever. Stopping power wasn't jawbreaking by any means. But they are soft on the rotors and the pads last a long time. Negative aspect is they have a tough time removing bad rust from the rotors and aren't the best for outright braking power.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport