• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Alky control meth kit

Started by Brandon2525, November 06, 2016, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon2525

Would anyone be interested in meth kit this is how the setup is easier to do than livernoise set up. www.facebook.com/pg/Alkycontrol/photos/?tab=album&album_id=427498004121598

SHOurpp

well since i drive in snow and salt  Julio has not recommended me the mount the pump that way, but inside instead.
very nice set up
duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

bpd1151

@ Brandon..... what exactly do you mean when you say the setup you linked people to, is "easier than the Livernois set up" ?

Livernois sells the Alky Control system. I know they install the kit in a very similar manner that you have depicted. Including, as an option, the larger trunk mounted tank.

So I am confused as to what you mean it's easier ? ?

@ SHOurpp.....

I performed my own meth install, with the help of a trusted friend who is a mechanic and owns his own shop.

I live near Chicago, and am also subject to the same temp extremes as you, as well as being exposed to the salt, snow, ice, etc.......

My kit has been installed and running now for several years, including in/during those craptastic Winter months.

I have not experienced any issues whatsoever with the location of my pump. Please see/refer to my well written, detailed "How-To" tutorial located on this site.

I wouldn't discount what Julio is telling you, as I have personally consulted him on a few occassions, and not only is he a real gentleman, but he also is very knowledgeable. But he is based in Florida, and I am not sure he is entirely aware of the winter climates, as you and I are.

I can only report my own experiences with the Alky Kit that I purchased from LMS, it's install, and use there of since installing it..... and up until this past Spring, I had been daily driving all year around, and have never had an issue with my pump, as it relates to where it is located on the car.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Brandon2525

Don't you have to front bumper off and relocate horns to use livernoise? So to me it's easier not to do that.

J-Will

Quote from: Brandon2525 on November 30, 2016, 06:41:09 PM
Don't you have to front bumper off and relocate horns to use livernoise? So to me it's easier not to do that.
No. That's just how they chose to install it. Meth kits are relatively the same, the pumps may be slightly different but the components are about the same. The exception being the controller, but it's small size allows for many mounting options.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap