• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

12.6 - any other mods to consider?

Started by metroplex, November 28, 2016, 03:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroplex

I cleaned up my tune and I tested it at the track yesterday at the last open test/tune for the season. I figured it was now or wait until April.
The best for the day was a reaction of 0.139 (Sportsman tree), 60' of 1.864, 1/8 mile 8.185 @ 86.12 mph, and 1/4 mile in 12.66 @ 106.98.

The only mods are those I listed in my signature. I have the original factory (3 years old by now) dirty paper filter that I tapped out or vacuumed every year or so, and the original factory Badyear Eagle RS-A tires with over 23k miles on them that may or may not last this winter snow season.

Looking at the timeslips posted on Dragtimes, it seems the SHO's running from 12.4-12.5 all have cold air intakes, downpipes, cat-back exhaust, and tunes. The SHO's running 12-12.4 add WMI, and the ones faster than 12 seem to add bigger or upgraded turbos.

Is this accurate? If I spend the $2800-$3000 for downpipes, cat-back, and a CAI, I'll only look forward to 0.1 or 0.2 seconds faster in the 1/4?
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

SHOdded

Seems nowadays the hot button is fueling.  Is your 12.6 with 93 or ...?  E30 (or some E blend higher than 10), or race gas could be one approach, if you only want to set a record rather than drive around on it all the time.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

I'm running 93 octane (probably E10 since it is Michigan). It's a daily driver, so I'm not planning to blend my fuels or go to race gas.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

SHOdded

Well, you could do it just for the track.  Now if you are planning on upping the DD performance level, then yeah, downpipes, meth injection, and bigger turbos would be the way to go.  Bigger turbos might even be 1st on your list if you want a single mod that doesn't mess with fueling.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

You could do all that or just do a 75 shot of nitrous for way less if it's just for the track. :)
Granted I sell those parts but honestly if it's just for ET then nitrous is much easier and will get you the same performance gains, call it turbo upgrade on payments.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

f8tlSHO

No mods other than tune, k&n filter here.12.4@110.9 But I run e20 tune all the time. Gas station right up the street has e85 and 93 in same pump so it's no biggie to mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq