• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

steering wheel gauge pod

Started by shaundizzle15, November 23, 2016, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaundizzle15

Hey guys was wondering if anyone has attempted this gauge pod, via custom route, or if Crash thought he could fab it up? FYI these are for a srt4, I had one in the past and liked the look of it, and was thinking it would be a nice piece in addition to crash's dash mount pod. Thoughts?
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

derfdog15

I dont know that Crash has atempted one, but I would PM him about it and see waht he says. I can say, that due to the way the steering wheel can be adjusted, this may cause issue.

I also know based on taking my dash apart a few times, that there is minimal room there to actually mount something the way you have shown, or to mount something in the cluster cover.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

I know Aeroforce has a digital gauge  that can be steering column mounted, but that is all I have seen.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shaundizzle15

Derf do you mean there's no room for the wiring or for the actual pod to be mounted to the cover? The idea is to completely replace the existing cover with a new one that has the pods molded into them. I agree that are steering wheel adjustment control might be a problem.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

derfdog15

Quote from: shaundizzle15 on November 23, 2016, 06:08:51 PM
Derf do you mean there's no room for the wiring or for the actual pod to be mounted to the cover? The idea is to completely replace the existing cover with a new one that has the pods molded into them. I agree that are steering wheel adjustment control might be a problem.

Theres minimal space for the actual gauges to mount, even if shaving them. Wiring would be a pain the ass as well, but putting the gauges in place is the bigger issue IMO.

The cluster cover looks like you could make something work, but there is no room behind it.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

ZSHO

Definitely creative and makes a great project if your up to the task and i can certainly attest there is very minimum room,space for the wiring but it will be a pita IMO and recently installed part of my radar in that intermediate area and also a lockpick a while back so would advise caution due to the fragile plastic components and all so best of luck to ya and keep us updated.  Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|