• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone heard of this trans rebuild kit from OPT

Started by Cole.C, September 15, 2018, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole.C

https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OPT-6F50-6F55-RB

Thinking i may just give this a go since its only like 700$ all optioned out! Worth a try??

Already have a sonnax shift kit ive been saving would go great with this rebuild kit!

Wondering if anyone off the forum has boughten this yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Not sure if it improves on Ford specs, the description is not very clear.  I think talking with them directly may clear up the matter.  If they are indeed stronger parts than OEM, def go for it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Cole.C

Quote from: SHOdded on September 15, 2018, 08:41:42 PM
Not sure if it improves on Ford specs, the description is not very clear.  I think talking with them directly may clear up the matter.  If they are indeed stronger parts than OEM, def go for it.
True. I emailed them asking for more info on what's improved over oem. Ill post whatever i hear back!

Gray Brick

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Cole.C

Opt emailed back and told me that the kit won't increase power handling by much over oem with all the options maxed out. They told me to try to contact Alto or Raybestos for transmission parts. Contacted raybestos trying to see if they could make high power clutch's for the 6f55 as they already make steel clutch's for the 6f55 and HP clutch's for other trannies so thought they'd be my best bet. Trying to see if I can convince them to make a HP clutch pack for the 6f55.  wondering how much $ one would have to dangle in front of them to custom order a product.. tried to tell them there are plenty of people off the forums/Facebook groups that would be interested in any possible trans upgrades. Hopefully I'll hear something positive back from them!

Gray Brick

Do we know the weak link of the 6F55 trans?

Is it the clutch packs or a weak case?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Cole.C

Aluminum output shafts and input shaft / gear drum may be a issue too for HP applications but I assume that would be easier to find a machine shop to make that than it would be to find a shop to make a HP clutch pack. If you manage crack a 6f55 housing the 6t80 housing had additional ribbing and case reinforcement I wonder how much effort would have to be swap upgraded 6f55 internals and valve body onto a 6t80 housing?  Really hope Raybestos emails back with good news about the clutch's or maybe if I could find enough people to be interested in clutch's or just paid them enough either way hoping I can find out more. Will post any good/bad news I hear back from them!