• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Facebook group page

Started by EcoPowerParts, November 21, 2016, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I created a FB page to relate with this forum in case people want to chat there as well/instead.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ecoboostperformance/

If you're having login issues to the forum please use this link to log in:
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=login

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

StealBlueSho

HAHAHAHA... description is great... "Just be aware this is a no *** zone, discussions of that company or their tunes equals immediate removal from the group."

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

hawkeye93

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 07, 2016, 08:46:21 AM
HAHAHAHA... description is great... "Just be aware this is a no *** zone, discussions of that company or their tunes equals immediate removal from the group."

I'm not on Facebook.  What company?
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

Vortech347

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Vortech347 on December 07, 2016, 11:20:12 AM
FB is a forum killer.
I know I don't see many here anymore.

I don't and won't ever have facebook so I have no idea what's going on over there.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Vortech347 on December 07, 2016, 11:20:12 AM
FB is a forum killer.
idk i kinda enjoy the separation. much less educated discussion ON FB.just a ton of misinformation and every newbie asking "quickest way to get a SHO to 11's!?" lol. kinda disgusting sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

I personally dislike facebook for any kind of actual information.. jokes.. bs... flamewars...is about all you see on those...

These forums provide a much needed area where MATURE (mostly.. heh) conversation happens and you can ask questions and get answers without being beat to Sh*t over it.

Point and case... when I was having issue with my tune there were A LOT of people here willing to help with FACTUAL and GOOD information which eventually resolved my issue... chances on that happening on facebook? About exactly zero.. none...nadda...

And people are too nit picky on facebook... do we really need to go down that path of "its frees up power" vs "it adds power"...and get all pissy about it? The answer is no...

I greatly appreciate Mike opening up a group on Facebook and the effort to keep a good community going.. I just feel like actual good information gets lost in all the BS on FB..
Forums are awesome, much better than The Book of Face...IMHO..

ZSHO

I'll be worried about the future hosting plans,decisions IDK. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

If FB could organize the knowledge repository, it would be worth moving to.  And the admin tools are really basic.  Does make a decent discussion platform though.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 07, 2016, 02:20:18 PM
If FB could organize the knowledge repository, it would be worth moving to.  Does make a decent discussion platform though.
Would it be worth losing all the folks like me that have no interest in having social media in our lives?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 07, 2016, 02:21:54 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on December 07, 2016, 02:20:18 PM
If FB could organize the knowledge repository, it would be worth moving to.  Does make a decent discussion platform though.
Would it be worth losing all the folks like me that have no interest in having social media in our lives?

LOL.... thats a setup statement if I have ever read one...so many smarta$$ comments... so little time....

In short... it would be a HUGE loss if we moved this forum to facebook.... like Shodded said.. if there was a way organize topics it would help... otherwise... its just going to be a mess...

SHOdded

Messages by courier.  Then messages by the post office.  Messages via EMail.  Messages via Bulletin Boards.  Messages via forums.  Social media progresses.  Everyone has to decide what is the right speed for them.

I am firmly in the FORUM camp, but I see the attraction of FB for people asking the questions, not so much for people who have to answer them LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Definitely and wholeheartedly count me out and best of luck on a smooth transition and future endeavor's. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

I'm not shutting down the forums, they're not going anywhere, some people like the ease of facebook, some people like forums. By having both we can forward people to the forums for how-to and other articles, it's a win/win.
www.ecopowerparts.com -