• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

sct x4 install fail

Started by SHOurpp, November 17, 2016, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOurpp

so i tried to install an x4 tonight ,followed what the prompts told me to do and>>>>>>

watched the x4 save the stock tune, then watched it load a custom file then- freeze- nothing- no start no reload!!!!
i have trouble codes all over the place-oil pressure red,over temp red,reset traction orange

it will not connect to the car when pushing the start button in, it will not reload stock tune back either
car stuck in driveway- disconnecting battery didn't work either.
any insight on correcting the issue?

duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOurpp on November 17, 2016, 08:24:31 PM
so i tried to install an x4 tonight ,followed what the prompts told me to do and>>>>>>

watched the x4 save the stock tune, then watched it load a custom file then- freeze- nothing- no start no reload!!!!
i have trouble codes all over the place-oil pressure red,over temp red,reset traction orange

it will not connect to the car when pushing the start button in, it will not reload stock tune back either
car stuck in driveway- disconnecting battery didn't work either.
any insight on correcting the issue?

SCT has after hours support and can send you a restoration file. Also who is your tuner? I would get them involved as well.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOurpp

i see no phone after hours

just an online form to fill out in support section?
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Are you loading a 3 bar tune, did you have the 3 bar installed before?  Did you update the X4 to the latest firmware prior to connecting to the car?  Is the battery in the car confirmed good/strong?

Those are the most common source of problems with the X4.  I am sure SCT can walk you through/fix the problem(s) though.  Good luck.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

This is on your 16 SHO correct? Hope its not another battery issue and please keep us updated on all fronts.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOurpp

stock can tune -i have a 3 bar but not in yet- bought x4 used from an f -150
all firmware is updated prior

2 people mentioned battery- i drove it to pick it up- its a 2016 sho
battery voltage according to the x4 was 11.3- sct says use battery charger it needs to be at least 12+ for it to load
so ill try again after work
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

SHOdded

Do you drive your SHO regularly?  It would need some miles on it (highway preferably) to recharge by itself.  Otherwise, you should think about investing in a battery tender.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOurpp

it is my main car , but no  i haven't been regularly driving it this week.
nice weather has had me driving the grand national last 4 days
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

SHOdded

Any devices left plugged in after the engine is turned off?  You may be looking at a bad battery, that's why I am concerned.  A fully charged battery should be at 12.6V (voltmeter across the terminals).  With engine running, between 14-14.5V.

SHOurpp

i had 2 devices on (besides radio and heat controls)which i turned off after it saved the stock tune.
cell phone charger & radar detector hard wired so comes on with accessory
but i will unplug that next time
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

ZSHO

I would make certain to install the 3-bar map sensor right before loading your new 3-bar tune and hopefully it will be a smoother transition next time around. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOurpp

no good  pray for tomorrow
Ross at sct has to rebuild the files to recover the ecu!
(had 12.4 volts today with charger- no difference)
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

derfdog15

I notice you said stock can tune. Does that mean an SCT provided tune? On my '15 there are no supported canned tunes, and I hear bad things about the canned tunes on the earlier SHO.

If it were me, I would consult AJPTurbo, or another known tuner, and get a custom tune built just for you. Just my .02

Good luck though, it sucks when you have to run a recovery file. It also sucks that if the same thing happens again after recovery, they will need to make yet another recovery file I believe.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

Recovery - a scary word indeed.  But SCT will get it straightened out I am sure.  Did they say why it might have happened, though?