• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Pro Race iPhone App

Started by MiWiAu, November 15, 2016, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

FYI - It looks like there's a new iPhone app called "Pro Race" on the App Store, as of 11/12/2016. It's got some free features and a demo period for the "Performance Pack", which appears to be $4.99 to permanently upgrade.

I just downloaded it (have not yet tried it), but thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else wanted to try it. App link and additional information below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-race/id1033664461?mt=8

• Pro Race is a LIVE monitoring system that allows you to place your device in you vehicle and it will track what your BHP, 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 Mile Time and Speed and also your Top Speed reached. This is all captured while you race a 1/4 mile straight or around a track

• Pro Race includes an all new Circuit Lap Tracker. This feature monitors you while you race around a track or sprint and then allows you to review exactly where and what speeds you were doing at certain points, using a map layout where it has monitored your vehicle.

• Both 1/4 mile runs and circuit tracker have been built to include a new Dash Cam that records while you race.

• Pro Race - Changing the way Vehicle Performance and Racing Skills and even your sound systems are improved and tuned. And best of all it's !!! FREE !!! to download with !!! FREE !!! Experience period once activated.

• Unlike other apps Pro Race DOES NOT require any additional plugin adaptors or wires to monitor your performance and Your Racing reaction times.

• Pro Race has a range of Unique and Awesome Vehicle performance and Racing options. We have included some amazing features for you to use and also a way to help improve your racing skills, record your races or even tune up or show off your sound system with a wide range of sound system test tracks.

• We find that the Vehicles Performance feature really helps racers become faster and better on the track. It allows them to try new ways to get that little bit faster whilst the app tracks things like the vehicles BHP being used and reaction times of the line. This means racers can quickly see when something is an improvement to the vehicle or their methods of racing. Winning's Winning!!!

• Pro Race introduces it's unique Vehicle Performance System. The Performance Pack is cram packed with Awesome Features and Real Time performance monitoring (With NO additional adaptors or wires required!) The Vehicle performance Data System captures the following data:-

• Vehicles BHP
• A Unique Dyno Graph - For displaying your vehicles performance data
• The Vehicles Current Speed (mph)
• The Vehicles Max, AVG and Slowest Speeds Achieved
• 1/4 Mile Time and Exit Speed
• 0 - 60 (mph) Time
• 0 - 100 (mph) Time
• 60 - 100 (mph) Time
• Full Lap monitor

• Practice Drag Tree
- Vehicle movement controlled and can tell you your reaction time off the line. This is great for any Drag Racer that want's to achieve that perfect start each and every time.
- Fully Customisable Drag Tree OR simply select from available default locations including:-
º Santa Pod - RWYB
º North Wealds - RWYB
º York Race Way - RWYB
º York Race Way - Sportsman

• User & Vehicle Stats
- Holds Max and average performance data

• General Dash Cam
– To Record all your Races

• Display Gauges
- Nice display of 4 gauges to show off on your dash

• Sound Lab
- To allow your Sound System to be tuned and pushed to it's max loudness with a wide selection of different Speaker and Subwoofer test tracks

• Vehicle Data and Reminders
- Holds all your vehicles data Including reminders for your MOT's, Tax and Service due dates. Notifies you 3 times leading up to the due dates, to warn you they are due and helps stop you missing any of them in the future.
- Add as many vehicles you require. There really is no limit.

• Online Shop
- Allows users to buy a range of products including hoodies, stickers and much more.

• User Settings
- Allows the user to configure the app to their needs. Including some cool additional features like voice assist, Drag Tree custom settings and default location settings.

• In App Shop
- Allows the user to purchase Pro Race branded items.

• Includes Apple Watch interface
- Allows quick access, reminders and notifications.

• Includes iMessage Sticker pack
- A all new fun Sticker pack.

• Support
- You can find us on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/ProRaceApp
- We are always here to help
2013 XSport

sholxgt

Wow!  Sounds like fun.  Have you tried it yet?

Since it doesn't interface with the vehicle, I'm guessing that it's all GPS based?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

MiWiAu

Quote from: sholxgt on November 16, 2016, 04:05:35 PM
Wow!  Sounds like fun.  Have you tried it yet?

Since it doesn't interface with the vehicle, I'm guessing that it's all GPS based?

Yeah, it's GPS based. I enabled the "Performance Pack" demo last night, which works for 3 days.

I'm not all that impressed with the "Power Run" I made this morning  (based on a sample size of one). The onscreen message before the run states says data will stop recording when it senses deceleration.

I made one pull from a stop up to 110MPH (speedo indicated). The run summary in the app said my max speed was 99.0mph (speedo error??) As I was writing this post, I pulled up the data again, and the "max speed" on the summary mysteriously changed to 100.0 mph, so it somehow changed between 7:15AM and 3:25PM. I'm 110% sure it read 99MPH this morning.

The 1/4 mile summary says 14.29s @ 84MPH. I don't have any track data for comparison, but methinks this is a little off as well. :)

I also noticed there is a "0-100 Time" with units of "MPH" - the value is 0.00, even though the max speed attained now shows 100.0 MPH.

I'll try again a couple times over the next few days to see how repeatable the results are, but for now, I'd save your $$.
2013 XSport

Half-Fast

Harrys lap timer is another good one.  Interfaces with your OBDII as well. 
2014 SHO PP Deep Impact Blue.  All stock...