• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mycal for 2010 SHO (Updated)

Started by SoCalSHO, July 24, 2013, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

Quote from: DJE624 on July 26, 2013, 11:42:07 AM
I just talked to SoCalSHO.  He was kind enough to go out and smell his MyCal for me.  It had an electric smell. His works fine.  We think I should be okay.  I'll know for sure when I get my tuner email and get loaded up. 

LOL, and no, Mycal is not code for anything. Ha. Couple more hours, you should have your tunes.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 26, 2013, 09:53:00 PM
Quote from: DJE624 on July 26, 2013, 11:42:07 AM
I just talked to SoCalSHO.  He was kind enough to go out and smell his MyCal for me.  It had an electric smell. His works fine.  We think I should be okay.  I'll know for sure when I get my tuner email and get loaded up. 

LOL, and no, Mycal is not code for anything. Ha. Couple more hours, you should have your tunes.

LOL I hope geswek doesn't see this one!  Maybe I could get him to go out and smell his MyCal!   I've been checking my email like every five minutes.   :bangin: :bangin:

SoCalSHO

You should just get ready to go to bed, just before you climb into bed, check your email, it will be there. Kinda like going to the bathroom at a restaurant. You come back, your food is on the table.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

I don't even know why I keep checking.  My phone will beep when a mail comes in.   :bangin:    :biggrin:   

geswek

No tunes, I just wanted to beep your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DJE624

HA!  Their coming on my gmail.  But I did get two false alarms in the last 45 minutes.  IIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!

SoCalSHO

Quote from: geswek on July 26, 2013, 11:26:25 PM

LOL
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Quote from: geswek on July 26, 2013, 11:26:25 PM

Hey Storm!  Does your MyCal smell at all?  Check it out.  Right where you plug it in.  Thanks!

DJE624

I heard back from LMS again on my concern (smell).  I went back out and went into engineering mode again and read all the codes.  Unit is working properly doing that.  I also gave them a little shove to try and get my tunes today.   ;D

DJE624

Just heard back from LMS again!  They will be sending tune shortly!  Yeehaw!

DJE624

Report!

Excellent! Just went for a ride.  It seems much more responsive out of the hole as well as up top.  I chirped at about 20' as the turbos wound up. Entering the tollway, it was very fast up to 100.  The trans was fine.  Didn't notice any downshift clunks like I did coasting with the SCT 4/93.  I wasn't out long but it was good so far. I'll be testing it later with my Torque Pro. 

EDIT- Torque Pro results were not as expected.

EDIT-9/29/2013-Stage 4+ is running well.  TP showed a 0-60 in 5.1 secs

SHOdded

:strongbench:  Your car's in the powerlifter category now, Dave!  Keep us updated :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Thanks!  Will do! 

EDIT-See Edit above.

ecoboostsho

Excellent! Thanks for posting up. Can't wait to get mine...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

bpd1151

Told 'ya the MyCal was worth the added expense.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the newly discovered/unleashed umph! :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2