• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How much boost is 328 kPa?

Started by ddlopes, November 06, 2016, 04:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Just did another datalog and I'm trying to figure out what 328kPa is in psi (boost)? I've googled it and came up with 47.57 psi. I know that's not accurate. I live in Massachusetts and my towns elavation is 164'. Any help would be appreciated... thanks!
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

SHOdded

Classic trap :)  Boost means pressure above and beyond atmospheric.  So you have to subtract 14.7 psi from that number to get to actual boost levels.  328 is way too high for a SHO anyway, and really pushing it on an F150.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

So then 47.57 minus 14.7 equals 32.87. Still sounds crazy and has to be inaccurate. Here's what I'm see on my log...
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Maybe I should be using the 227 kpa's

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ddlopes

AJP turbo

328kpa is almost 33 psi

The 228 was desired tip...but you may or may not have hit that either

You need to look at MAP pressure

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ddlopes

AJP turbo

Thats 22.3 psi....probably a spike but thats high for a spike too....with ot without meth?

You asked me if i looked at a log...i dont think i got one?...you can send it to me again if you want

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ddlopes

ddlopes

Just sent u another log.... let me know if you get it.

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ddlopes

Ok... can u let me know what I'm holding for boost.

AJP turbo

You are getting some scary low fuel pressure in 1st gear and into 2nd before it recovers...Not sure if you meth is flowing that early or it takes time.

I'm not a fan on how that stuff makes logs look..One of the banks is pulling the max allowed amount of fuel with stft's and the other bank is not pulling the same so I'm not sure if the meth is even getting distributed evenly.

You are getting any KR but you aren't getting any spark additions from the knock sensors which is weird because you aren't running too much spark even with all the meth and you didn't log IAT2 so you can't really see how well the charge is being cooled.

you are commanding 220kpa and in 3rd after the 2-3 shift you are getting about 235kpa down to 210kpa which is a normal drop off

If your meth pump fails you will have a hard time supplying fuel.

And if you did a 3rd or 4th gear pull from low rpm not sure what kind of boost you are commanding there but if you are commanding the same 220kpa be careful  because you may not have enough fuel down there.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ddlopes

Ok that explains why I'm getting some popping and hesitation during the initial hard acceleration. My system has 2 nozzles. First nozzle is my primary nozzle (100ml) starts to spray meth at 7psi and maxes out 16. Second nozzle (625ml) starts spraying at 9psi and maxes out at 18psi. I set it up later in the boost thinking that i was spraying meth to early and causing it to hesitate and pop through the exhaust. So I'll change it now to start earlier... thanks for everything