• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded HPFP

Started by FoMoCoSHO, November 06, 2016, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackhawk

The guys making the pumps said on facebook that the stock injectors are fine to run the 30-40% more fuel the upgraded new pump can push.  We'll see when someone actually gets the pump running and tested.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 07, 2016, 11:40:04 AM
I'm pretty sure you would need the +30 deatschwerks injectors to run the higher e blends.

SHOdded

I assume then the fueling and maintenance requirements would have to be more rigorous also, considering how many people have had the stock/OEM injectors fail.  How would you verify their condition prior to switching over to this new HPFP?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Frozen Blue

Quote from: SHOdded on November 07, 2016, 12:04:36 PM
I assume then the fueling and maintenance requirements would have to be more rigorous also, considering how many people have had the stock/OEM injectors fail.  How would you verify their condition prior to switching over to this new HPFP?

Have them flow tested.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
Powerstop Z23 rotors/pads
LMS v10

bamsho

I saw price of $1900, OUCH!  I know there  is R&D, seems overly high.  I was hope maybe around the price of a meth kit.  Going to let others try it first.  Can buy alot of methanol for $900.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

Quote from: Frozen Blue on November 07, 2016, 01:39:54 PM

Have them flow tested.
Thats the thing, it is a bit of labor to get to them and then reinstall them, would have to be DIY.  I suppose a relative flow test would have to do instead.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOdded on November 07, 2016, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: Frozen Blue on November 07, 2016, 01:39:54 PM

Have them flow tested.
Thats the thing, it is a bit of labor to get to them and then reinstall them, would have to be DIY.  I suppose a relative flow test would have to do instead.

Probably future tech, but a flow sensor for each cylinder would be pretty awesome, or a way to tell if everything is proper based on individual injector voltage/ecm signal.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

That would be COOL :)  Heck I would settle for a boost and oil pressure gauge straight from Ford LOL!

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOdded on November 07, 2016, 06:09:20 PM
That would be COOL :)  Heck I would settle for a boost and oil pressure gauge straight from Ford LOL!

The 1 thing I hate about the SHO is the electronic cluster without additional gauges. Even the crappy H/L analog gauges would be better IMO. On my SHO it was a simple fix with a Crash pod though and boost and A/F.

Once you get used to having gauges, nothing else will do.

I wonder if there are ways to build safety into a tune based on fuel pressure dips, I assume you can narrow down atleast which side of the engine an issue is occuring (fuel wise) based on Bank A/F
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

NITSOOB

So.. this thing is out already, from Livernoise. Two versions. Approx 1600, or 2400 for severe duty. Rich over on the ecoboost enthusiast FB page has it up on running. I about s*** myself. Full E85. But hes maxed out injectors.
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

bamsho

Maxed out injectors, sorta.  The ECU is the main issue.   2010-12 have different from 2013+.  There are more tables to work with the '13+ cars.  So sounding like guys with the 2010-12 cars may have to get injectors.  That's what I got out of it, this past weekend.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: NITSOOB on June 06, 2017, 09:42:07 PM
So.. this thing is out already, from Livernoise. Two versions. Approx 1600, or 2400 for severe duty. Rich over on the ecoboost enthusiast FB page has it up on running. I about s*** myself. Full E85. But hes maxed out injectors.
Rich is NOT running full E85.

Brian is correct, in stating the injectors are an issue for those '10-'12 model years.

I believe Rich is running about a 50% E blend from what I recall.

Sucks being the test mule, but y'all should be thanking Rich for his headache's and whatnot involved in enduring all the ironing out this has to go through, before the rest of y'all can enjoy it full tilt.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NITSOOB

From FB:
QuoteYeah...have a full e85 tune,just couldn't turn it up as much as we wanted and be safe

According to him, it should be available for purchase

bpd1151

Correct, he couldn't "turn it up much".

I.E. not running full E85 due to the injector issues currently presented.

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 06, 2017, 10:12:25 PM
Quote from: NITSOOB on June 06, 2017, 09:42:07 PM
Rich is NOT running full E85.

Brian is correct, in stating the injectors are an issue for those '10-'12 model years.

I believe Rich is running about a 50% E blend from what I recall.

Sucks being the test mule, but y'all should be thanking Rich for his headache's and whatnot involved in enduring all the ironing out this has to go through, before the rest of y'all can enjoy it full tilt.

True!! actually ran into Rich's car on the Dyno at LMS while picking mine Up. Z 
Its sometimes better to be on the safe side of things for the Time being. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

NITSOOB

I see.. Im reading as: hes turned down boost due to the injector issue. Reached out for clarification.

This is pretty amazing either way,  full e85  or close to it.