• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded HPFP

Started by FoMoCoSHO, November 06, 2016, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Not applicable to the SHO's.....

But a good start nonetheless.

#EverHopeful

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

J-Will

Good find! "More to come" sounds promising

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FoMoCoSHO

http://www.xtreme-di.com/index_files/XDI_Products.htm

"You can get every Bosch Motorsport Component and almost every Bosch component from us."

FoMoCoSHO

I will take one 500 bar pump and a set of 7250 psi injectors please...

Frozen Blue

The pump fits but the lines need to be modified to fit the transverse 3.5. Adam at Tune+ is currently working with them and is going to use my SHO to test fit the modified version. He said in a few weeks he should have everything for the test fit. So hopefully at the beginning of next year we'll have a fueling solution. Hello E85!
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
Powerstop Z23 rotors/pads
LMS v10

derfdog15

Quote from: Frozen Blue on November 07, 2016, 05:46:24 AM
The pump fits but the lines need to be modified to fit the transverse 3.5. Adam at Tune+ is currently working with them and is going to use my SHO to test fit the modified version. He said in a few weeks he should have everything for the test fit. So hopefully at the beginning of next year we'll have a fueling solution. Hello E85!

If I could reliably run my SHO with 100% E85 and run high-ish boost (greater than 10-11 lbs that can currently be run on straight E85), that would for sure give me reason to run straight E85.

Hopefully these pan out and are reliable.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

bpd1151

Running 100% E would require upgrading several components in order to do so successfully.

Granted this new (& potential) HPFP is one of the bigger components of that puzzle, but don't be so quick to overlook the necessities of the remainder.

SHOdded

I thought we were wanting a higher vol HPFP to get more fuel to the engine, not necessarily raise the % E ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on November 07, 2016, 10:55:03 AM
I thought we were wanting a higher vol HPFP to get more fuel to the engine, not necessarily raise the % E ...
I was under the same belief, but obviously (as shown) there are others already considering it's alternative use.

AJP turbo

Both.....You could run big turbos on pump gas without meth and or you could run huge boost on straight E85 and it would be like having race gas cheaply.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

How much boost do you envision with stock turbos and straight E?  Past the max efficiency, you'd be looking at securing the heads properly.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

I'm pretty sure you would need the +30 deatschwerks injectors to run the higher e blends.

bpd1151

Injectors, Head bolts, Fuel lines, Various  connectors, Linings/Gaskets, etc. Just to name a few.

A whole smorgasbord of upgrades to consider.

It's not as simple as just "slapping" on a modified HPFP & away one goes. Goodness.

SHOdded

so with higher E blends we probably want to run the bigger turbos, the bigger injectors (deatschwerks or otherwise), and miscellaneous parts as mentioned.  Also, FoMoCo, is the fuel system verified ready for 100% E85 for the 2010-12 MYs?