• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who wants some upgraded stock turbos?

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 23, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast SHO

So upgraded turbo's do not require a retune?  What gains are there if you don't retune the car?
2014 SHO PP

bpd1151

Quote from: Fast SHO on November 22, 2013, 11:01:17 PMSo upgraded turbo's do not require a retune?  What gains are there if you don't retune the car?

I've been running the upgraded turbos from ATP for well over 1 month now, and I have not retuned..... yet.

However, it goes w/o saying, that by electing to not retune, your essentially throwing your money away by paying for the hardware upgrades, w/o benefiting from the software upgrades.

In my case, I don't care to be chasing down, what amounts to be anticipated boost leaks (when I do retune) therefore.....

I am holding off on doing so (for now) until my hard/hot pipe order arrives.

Once installed, I then anticipate making the 5hr trek back out to LMS, for (yet another) custom dyno tune file.

At this point, & factoring in the multiple, upcoming Holiday's, I probably won't schedule the new tune until January 2014. If the weather's crappy, which it is usually is in MI. during the Winter months, then I may push it back into February.

But for now, I am still running my "old" custom dyno tune file from LMS, which has been working just fine thus far.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Fast SHO

What gains are there to be had in swapping the turbo's and not getting a tune?  I can't imagine much.

Are you running meth on your current setup?
2014 SHO PP

bpd1151

I yield to 4DR as far as any gains he obtained by merely strapping on the upgraded turbos, prior to him adjusting his tune.

Me? I noticed more "umph" myself, but w/o having driven it to LMS for a dyno, it'd be mere speculation on my part.

Again, ask 4DR.

Yes, I am running (100%) Methanol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

EcoPowerParts

If you just bolted them on you would see some gains with the stock tune compared to stock just because more CFM at the same PSI for the stock tune, however I don't know how torque management would handle the additional power. It would be an interesting experiment. If you want to try it I'll be happy to sell you a pair of ATP turbos to try it out. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Fast SHO

I doubt TM would impact much.  I'm more concerned with A/F ratios and going too lean.

What sort of issues have their been with these turbo's.  Any reports of seals leaking and/or burning oil?
2014 SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Fast SHO on November 23, 2013, 11:37:58 AM
I doubt TM would impact much.  I'm more concerned with A/F ratios and going too lean.

What sort of issues have their been with these turbo's.  Any reports of seals leaking and/or burning oil?
Actually these cars are closed loop and run by commanded AFR so fuel isn't a concern unless you run out of fuel however it will close the throttle on you to compensate for too much torque, the entire ECU is controlled by torque tables....
One of the members with tials (maybe 2) have had bad seals from what I remember, not enough ATP or turbos direct turbos out there to know but so far so good. ATP have upgraded bearings and turbos direct rebuild the bearings before sending them out.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Fast SHO

I'll be interested in these ATP's sometime in the future, possibly near future.  Getting ready to head to Germany.

What downpipe do you recommend?

I was looking to just go with downpipes and upgraded turbo's for the time being.  Get meth injection when I return stateside.
2014 SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

Do you want catted, if so ppe because their cats don't throw codes, non catted whatever it's cheapest

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -

Fast SHO

Looking for catted.  Actually would be interested in a package price for the catted down pipes, ATP upgrade, and the hard pipes.
2014 SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

OK, I'll work something up and PM you, PM me your zip code please for shipping quote and what BoV option for hard pipes, tial or stock mounts?
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

4DR... I'm still kicking myself in the pants for not taking you up on the pipes you had...  :brick:

I am interested the billet impeller stock rebuild you're offering and necessary hard piping, 2 questions:

Regarding TIAL vs BOV... with the springs available for the former, what do you recommend/install, pros / cons and, what is the boost increase with the best one? 

What are the pros and cons of catted vs non-catted downpipes?  Also, you know I'm local and would like to watch and learn.... Does that cost more?  LOL

I guess one more thing... Can you dyno or who do you recommend for dyno in Phx?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 23, 2013, 08:25:33 PM
4DR... I'm still kicking myself in the pants for not taking you up on the pipes you had...  :brick:

I happen to appreciate your procrastination, lol.