• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who wants some upgraded stock turbos?

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 23, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

OK, I can now offer the same upgraded turbos that are on my Flex to you guys.
These are stock turbos with new billet wheels installed and upgraded wastegate actuators seen here:

What will you receive:
A pair of stock turbos that have been rebuilt with new seals and upgraded billet compressor wheels along with Turbosmart wastegate actuators

Pricing will be as follows:
$1600 a pair + shipping and core charge for 1-4
$1550 a pair + shipping and core charge for 5-9
$1500 a pair + shipping and core charge for 10+

I currently have 1 pair of cores with me at my house that can be upgraded and sent out within 72 hours, I would continue to swap cores and ship as we have orders.
I'll start the group buy and finalize it 8/1 for anybody who wants to join in. These are considered a stage 2 turbo due to the upgraded wastegate and billet wheel. On my car I am seeing 23psi down to 18psi across the rev range with these turbos. I am also going to be headed to the dyno this week for the pre/post turbo upgrade, just need to get my car back after all the work we've been doing.

The funds from these being sold will be going right into the hot and cold pipe development, once those are done a group buy will be set up for those. Those funds will be put into the AWD controller development.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

adelsin

Would love too, but I need to wait for the final child custody hearing.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

Ricanracer140

23-18 psi, is the boost dropping off? Please explain. Thanks

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Ricanracer140 on July 23, 2013, 04:49:57 PM
23-18 psi, is the boost dropping off? Please explain. Thanks
Yes, all that was done was a stock wheel upgrade, the boost is much flatter now but the turbos are still very small, they will drop off at higher RPM.
Here's a video of them in action:
Boost leak fixed

Stock turbos
E85
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

geswek

Mikey B,

Would you take these over LMS upgraded turbo's?

Also, why a core charge if we are sending our turbo's to them?

I'm tempted to buy in and then just had my turbos swapped here -- then just go to LMS for alchy install (not chance in hell I'm trying alchy install here.)

EcoPowerParts

Geswek here's the A to B comparison from the information I've been able to gather:
Livernois (Tial) turbo upgrades are a 55mm billet compressor wheel with a stock wastegate, this requires machining of the front side cover.
The turbo upgrades I'm offering is a 48mm (stock size) billet compressor wheel with an upgraded wastegate actuator over stock with a higher PSI spring. No maching is required on the turbos so the turnaround is very fast.
The guys running the Livernois turbo aren't running much more boost than I am right now from what I understand they'll have to chime in on this.

As far as the core charge, I will charge $800 core charge BUT that will only be until I get your turbos and they are inspected. As soon as you swap out your turbos and send me the cores and they are good you will be refunded. If I have a set of turbos in stock ready to go you will have them shipped out either that day or the next business day upon receipt of payment.

For a car with meth as the auxiliary fuel system these turbos are more than enough for your stock fuel system + meth according to the research I've done.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

geswek

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 23, 2013, 05:06:52 PM
Geswek here's the A to B comparison from the information I've been able to gather:
Livernois (Tial) turbo upgrades are a 55mm billet compressor wheel with a stock wastegate, this requires machining of the front side cover.
The turbo upgrades I'm offering is a 48mm (stock size) billet compressor wheel with an upgraded wastegate actuator over stock with a higher PSI spring. No maching is required on the turbos so the turnaround is very fast.
The guys running the Livernois turbo aren't running much more boost than I am right now from what I understand they'll have to chime in on this.

As far as the core charge, I will charge $800 core charge BUT that will only be until I get your turbos and they are inspected. As soon as you swap out your turbos and send me the cores and they are good you will be refunded. If I have a set of turbos in stock ready to go you will have them shipped out either that day or the next business day upon receipt of payment.

For a car with meth as the auxiliary fuel system these turbos are more than enough for your stock fuel system + meth according to the research I've done.

What if I just sent you my turbos and had you modify my turbos? I rather keep my turbos.

What are your thoughts on me achieving 400+ awhp? Will it be capable or should I stick with LMS?

My name is Storm; geswek sounds funny when you use it as my name.

EcoPowerParts

You can send me your turbos, you will be down for the amount of time you send me yours, they are modified and sent back. If I received them on a Monday they SHOULD be mailed back by Wednesday.

You can achieve 400WHP with these turbos.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Needmoreboost

Adding these to a tuned only car would pick me up how much roughly hp/tq over stock.  Would it need to be retuned?  Thanks
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Needmoreboost on July 23, 2013, 08:08:10 PM
Adding these to a tuned only car would pick me up how much roughly hp/tq over stock.  Would it need to be retuned?  Thanks
Right in the 30-50 HP range depending on octane fuel available. You don't have to retune but you should to take advantage of the extra boost if your fuel system can support it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Needmoreboost

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 23, 2013, 08:13:06 PM
Right in the 30-50 HP range depending on octane fuel available. You don't have to retune but you should to take advantage of the extra boost if your fuel system can support it.

So retune with more boost and meth injection would be the ticket?  I would rather keep the exhaust stock if possible.

Secondly, how big of job to swap the turbo's??
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

adelsin

Quote from: Needmoreboost on July 23, 2013, 08:34:25 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 23, 2013, 08:13:06 PM

So retune with more boost and meth injection would be the ticket?  I would rather keep the exhaust stock if possible.

Secondly, how big of job to swap the turbo's??

I thought you need more boost. :) just do it.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

EcoPowerParts

If you really want to take advantage of any turbo upgrade for this car you really should install meth injection, mostly to augment the factory fuel system.
If you want to keep the exhaust stock just do cat'd downpipes and if you want eventually do the cutout I put up today, stock sounding most of the time. :)
It took my guy about 12 hours to do the swap, he left the motor in, if you drop the cradle (I don't know how much time that is, then it's easy peasy. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

StrawHatShinobi

That's awesome turn around time, and $800 is a fair core charge.  I'm confused as to why you can hit 400whp with these turbos being smaller than what's on my truck when I'm being told it's not possible to hit that mark with 51mm turbos. 
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: redsand on August 27, 2013, 08:35:00 PM
That's awesome turn around time, and $800 is a fair core charge.  I'm confused as to why you can hit 400whp with these turbos being smaller than what's on my truck when I'm being told it's not possible to hit that mark with 51mm turbos. 
There's guys with 52mm compressor upgrades at 500WHP from what I understand, I am also very close to that mark now, 400WHP was with my stockers! :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -