• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

oil ingestion and tuning

Started by nickwalter4, November 04, 2016, 06:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Actually steal blue sct said your stock file was not corrupt but it was more like the device thought the ecu was a different one that was married to another device because of the changed tune items i guess

An sct doesnt overlay in top of the stock values. When a tuner changes values in the tune for custom tuning you change the values and flash just like ford would do for a tune update...they call it a strategy change but they dont have to, they could call it rev 2 if they wanted

You could call fords base tune a ford custom tune if you wanted
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Ah, they told me my stock file got corrupted, although I know you spoke them a bit more at length about it and ALOT more knowledgeable about than my input, good to know!

I read somewhere sct just overlays new values onto the stock tune and flashes the ecu, that's why the tuner requires that it download the stock file from the ecu first?

Thanks for the clarification!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nickwalter4

No problems swapping back to stock just the performance tune doesnt want to work. Whay has me baffled is the mpg tune works fine. Performance does not.. Not to worried at this point.taking sunday to throw my stock parts back on. And go trade it in the mext few weeks. Probly go back to another tacoma or something. Downside. Mama loses third row seats and daddy loses twin turbos. Owell. Even if it was botched id just grab my crap from work and reflash with ford files.
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

AJP turbo

Why would you have to use your crap from work?..just use the device to return to stock?...

I wouldnt trade in a car over a failed tune lol...just find another tuner,the market is flooded with calibrators

How do you go to a fiesta from and explorer?..i think you just want one and need a reason lol

ultimately you simply have a bad tune and are dealing with the wrong person...i feel bad its going to cost you a car and lose thousands on a trade....you always lose on a trade...simply has to be that way....if you think dont feel ripped off then you just tolerate a good hole beating
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

nickwalter4

Its not just the failed tune weve been tossing around the idea of a new truck for a minute or another small car loke the fiesta ST. Trading this beast in might even let us pay off our other car and be down to one car payment if i can finagle it.  I just see a lot of problems like... oil on the spark plugs for example. Kinda makes me wanna toss it like a hot rock before more problems arise. Oil in the manifold, mentioned earlier in the thread .... the crap from work would be if the stock file somehow got corrupted.
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

ZSHO

I think some of your issues will simply be resolved by ordering and replacing that  EGR Feedback pressure sensor on your 16xsport which if disconnected or removed alone can cause many issues to arise.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickwalter4

She gone. Parts for sale post coming soon. Found us a double cab tacoma in a stick. Longevity, resale value, versatility of a truck, and reputation for dependability.. not even sure im gonna mod it much. Leaves me more money for my fish tanks and guns.. maybe floor liners or an intake, or step bars for the kids.

ZSHO

I cant believe it!!!!.due make sure you post a pic with your username on a piece of paper next to each item up for sale as per rules of the forum,good luck and thanks.  Z   http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,30.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

x2 on the above ^.  Good luck with your new ride!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!