• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How to: Access Engineering Mode in Dash Display on 13+ SHOs

Started by SHOdded, October 29, 2016, 07:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Thanks for the tip, ZSHO!

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6949.msg106797.html#msg106797

13+SHO--Engineering Mode Its a fairly simple process,with the vehicle off press the push button start once and while in accessory mode hold the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel for five seconds,while holding the ok button press the push button start again which is ignition mode,at this point you will be in engineering mode and the speedometer will perform a sweep test,then just use the up/down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to navigate you through the options,also the build date,battery voltage and more can be obtained in this mode.  Z                                                  BTW might need to Sticky this.  Z  8)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Here is what it looks like on 2016 sho

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

BlueSHO

Can't get to work on my 16 for some reason..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

Quote from: BlueSHO on June 23, 2017, 12:32:11 PM
Can't get to work on my 16 for some reason..

Did you press the ignition,start button(once)while having the Key Fob inside the vehicle!.
While holding the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel for five seconds,immediately press the push button start again which is (ignition mode) and that will Access (Engineering Mode) which the speedometer will perform a sweep test and then just use the up/down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll,navigate you through the options. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlueSHO

Yes when I do that the blue light inside the speedo needle flashes and the screen to the left says push brake to start. The second time I push the start button after 5 seconds pushing and holding the ok button do I hold the start button or just a quick push like I did the first time?
And does it have to be 5 seconds exact or at least 5 seconds for the ok button?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

Quote from: BlueSHO on June 23, 2017, 01:33:07 PM
Yes when I do that the blue light inside the speedo needle flashes and the screen to the left says push brake to start. The second time I push the start button after 5 seconds pushing and holding the ok button do I hold the start button or just a quick push like I did the first time?

1)Press the push button start once and let go.
2)While holding on the OK Button for 5 seconds,press the push button start again and let go and see if it works. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlueSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 23, 2017, 01:43:30 PM
Quote from: BlueSHO on June 23, 2017, 01:33:07 PM

1)Press the push button start once and let go.
2)While holding on the OK Button for 5 seconds,press the push button start again and let go and see if it works. Z
Negative.. I'll keep trying

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

BlueSHO

Got it!!!! No build date on mine.

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Macgyver

Gray Brick

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

BlueSHO

Quote from: Gray Brick on June 23, 2017, 09:53:27 PM
Is this the same process on the Flex?
You can try it. Won't mess anything up as I did mine all different ways before I got that info..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

Quote from: BlueSHO on June 23, 2017, 02:10:06 PM
Got it!!!! No build date on mine.

J .you can certainly access more info here by entering your Vin number under (Vehicle lookup).  Z  :)

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

* Illustration shows model only
Taurus, 3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/C, Ruby Red (Metallic)

Primary Features
Build Date:     29.11.2012

Vehicle Line:     Taurus
Body Style:     4 Door Saloon
Version:     SHO
Engine:     3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/C
Transmission:     6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55

Drive:     LHD 4WD (FTD)
Axle Ratio:     3.16
Emission:     With California/Green State Req
Air Conditioning:     Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Territory:     (+)"USA"
Paint:     Ruby Red (Metallic)
Click to collapse
Minor Features
Charcoal Black Interior
With Wrapped "B" Pillar Trim
Rear End Fascia - Level 2
Fr Dr Scuff Plate - Met Insert
Less Body Armour
With Front Fascia - Level 3
With Performance Front Fenders
Driver & Passenger Seat Map Pockets
With Heated/Cooled Front Seats Only
Less Centre Console Top Finisher
My Key
Less Rear Seat Tray
SHO Package 1
Chicago Plant Build
Less Appearance Group
With Memory Pack
Feature Content Group 1
Less Paint Package
Less Tailgate Badges
With English Language Label
Owner Hand Book Pack
Less Mass Customization Package
"A" Pillar Cloth Trim
"C" Pillar Cloth Trim
Power Front Wndow-1 Tch Up/Dwn-Pass
With Electric Rear Windows
With Solar Tinted Glass
With Front Side Laminated Glass
With Aluminium Instrument Panel
Standard Ovrhed Console & With Rail
With Full Floor Console
Less Rear Floor Console
Memory Adjustable Foot Pedals
Front Throw In Mats With Logo No.2
Rear Floor Carpet Mats
With Carpet Floor Covering
With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers
With Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger
Door Trim Panel Insert-Film 2
Grab Handle Side Door - Plastic
With Power Rear Sunblind
Trim Rear - High Line
With Load Retention Net
Spare Wheel Stowage Cover
Grille - A-Gloss
Less Active Grilleshutter
Bright Greenhouse DLO Moulding
With Single Rear Wing Spoiler
Inside Mirror With Auto Wipe Sensor
4 Door Saloon
Dual Pwr/Htd/Fld/E'Chro/Pudd Lamp
Ext Mirror Finish-A Gloss Skull Cap
Less Rear Sliding Seat
With Rear Center Head Restraint
With Heated Rear Seats
2nd Row Seat 60/40 (3 P) - Folding
Less 3rd Row Rear Seat
With Driver 10 Way Pwr Seat Adjust
With Pass 10 Way Power Seat Adjust
With Programmable Driver Seat
Less Interceptor Siren/Speaker
Less Special Service Vehicles 1
Less Special Service Vehicles 2
Less Special Service Vehicles 3
Less Special Service Vehicles 4
Less Engine Oil Cooler
Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle
With Leather Gear Shift Knob
Less Decklid Pulldown
Less Keyed Alike Options
Frequency - 315MHZ
With Central Locking System
Keyless Entry/Start - Passive
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
With Tilt & Slide Sunroof
Less Tu-Tone Accent Colour
With Front Licence Plate Bracket
Side Air Bag - 1st & 2nd row
Rear Seat Belts - 2nd Row
Less Spare Wheel
20" X 8 Cast Alum - Premium Paint
245/45R20 Y-Rated
Less Spare Tyre
Less Wheel Covers
Less Immersion Heater
With Remote Starter
With California/Green State Req
With Standard Suspension
3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/C
Dual Exhaust
With Dual Chrome Exhaust Extension
Power 4-Wheel Disc Vacuum Boost
Brake Calipers - Black
With Anti Lock Brakes And ESP+
Normal Fuel Fill
Less Floor Mats-FIA
Less Transmission Oil Cooler
Floor Shift
Select Shift Tech (SST) W/Pad Shift
Non Locking Capless Fuel Fill
For Unleaded Fuel
Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads
With Electric Power Steering
Power Tilt/Telescopic Strg Column
Less Steering Column Lock
Leather Steering Wheel With Accent
With Heated Steering Wheel
With Speed Control
Redundant Controls-Steering Wheel 2
With MPH/KMH Speedometer
With Tyre Inflation Kit
With Header Mnt Compass/Thermometer
Less Navigation System
Less Lane Departure Warning System
With Blind Spot Monitoring
Human Machine Interface 4
With Perimeter Anti-Theft
With Rear Parking Aid
Less Front Parking Aid
With Automated Parking System
Medium Duty Battery
Heavy Duty Alternator
With Region 1 Electronic Equipment
AM/FM CD/Clock
With Satellite Radio Reception
With NAAO Radio Frequency
HD Radio Broadcast
With Level 2 Sound System
Less Radio Suppression
Sync II
With Universal Garage Door Opener
Less Wiring Prep
Rear View Camera-Fixed
Less Fog Lamp Bezel
With Auxillary Lights
High Intensity Discharge Headlamp
Less Daytime Running Lamps
Less Front Fog Lamps
Less Spot Light
Less Right Hand Spot Light
With Ambient Lighting-Interior
(-) Package Ty/Dk Lid Lamp-Pre Wire
Tail lamps - Level 1
With Auto High Lamp Headlamp
Less Power Distribution Box - Front
Ruby Red (Metallic)
Generic Country Group 1
6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55
Taurus
SHO
(-) GVMT Service Administration
(-)"CDN"
(-)"GU"
(-)"BRN"
(-)"BZ"
(-)"ATG"
(-)"KOR"
(-)"AW"

BlueSHO

Primary FeaturesBuild Date:  24.11.2015Vehicle Line:  TaurusBody Style:  4 Door SaloonVersion:  SHOEngine:  3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/CTransmission:  6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55Drive:  LHD 4WD (FTD)Axle Ratio:  2.77Emission:  With 49 State/Non Green State ReqAir Conditioning:  Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/CTerritory:  (+)"USA"Paint:  Blue Jeans (Metallic)

[https://www]

Minor Features

Charcoal Black/Mayan Grey With Wrapped "B" Pillar Trim Rear End Fascia - Level 2 Fr Dr Scuff Plate - Met Insert Less Body Armour Less Cargo Stowage Device With Front Fascia - Level 3 With Performance Front Fenders Driver & Passenger Seat Map Pockets With Heated/Cooled Front Seats Only Less Centre Console Top Finisher My Key Less Rear Seat Tray (-) Version Packages Chicago Plant Build Less Appearance Group Less Trim Pack With Memory Pack Feature Content Group 1 Less Paint Package Less Tailgate Badges With English Language Label Owner Hand Book Pack Less Mass Customization Package "A" Pillar Cloth Trim "C" Pillar Cloth Trim Power Front Wndow-1 Tch Up/Dwn-Pass With Electric Rear Windows With Solar Tinted Glass With Front Side Laminated Glass With Aluminium Instrument Panel Standard Ovrhed Console & With Rail With Full Floor Console Less Rear Floor Console Memory Adjustable Foot Pedals Front Throw In Mats With Logo No.2 Rear Floor Carpet Mats With Carpet Floor Covering With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers With Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger Door Trim Panel Insert-Film 2 Grab Handle Side Door - Plastic With Power Rear Sunblind Trim Rear - High Line With Load Retention Net Spare Wheel Stowage Cover Grille - A-Gloss Less Active Grilleshutter Bright Greenhouse DLO Moulding Less Door Edge Guards With Single Rear Wing Spoiler Inside Mirror With Auto Wipe Sensor 4 Door Saloon Dual Pwr/Htd/Fld/E'Chro/Pudd Lamp Ext Mirror Finish-A Gloss Skull Cap Less Rear Sliding Seat With Rear Center Head Restraint With Heated Rear Seats 2nd Row Seat 60/40 (3 P) - Folding Less 3rd Row Rear Seat With Driver 8 Way Pwr.Seat Adjuster With Pass 8 Way Power Seat Adjuster With Programmable Driver Seat Less Interceptor Siren/Speaker Less Special Service Vehicles 1 Less Special Service Vehicles 2 Less Special Service Vehicles 3 Less Special Service Vehicles 4 Less Engine Oil Cooler Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle With Leather Gear Shift Knob Less Decklid Pulldown I/P Mount Deck Release-Battery Pwrd Less Keyed Alike Options Frequency - 315MHZ With Central Locking System Keyless Entry/Start - Passive Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers With Tilt & Slide Sunroof Less Tu-Tone Accent Colour With Front Licence Plate Bracket Side Air Bag - 1st & 2nd row Rear Seat Belts - 2nd Row Spare Wheel-18" Mini 20 X 8" Machined Wheel P245/45R20 V Rated 18" Mini Spare Tyre Less Wheel Covers Less Immersion Heater With Remote Starter With 49 State/Non Green State Req With Standard Suspension 2.77 3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/C Dual Exhaust With Dual Chrome Exhaust Extension Power 4-Wheel Disc Vacuum Boost With Painted Brake Calipers With Anti Lock Brakes And ESP+ Normal Fuel Fill Less Transmission Oil Cooler Floor Shift Select Shift Tech (SST) W/Pad Shift Non Locking Capless Fuel Fill For Unleaded Fuel Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads With Electric Power Steering Power Tilt/Telescopic Strg Column Less Steering Column Lock Sport/Leather Steering Wheel With Heated Steering Wheel Less Electronic Speed Limitation With Speed Control Redundant Controls-Steering Wheel 2 With MPH/KMH Speedometer Less Tyre Inflation Kit With Header Mnt Compass/Thermometer With Nav System-Becker Traffic Pro Less Lane Departure Warning System With Blind Spot Monitoring Human Machine Interface 4 With Perimeter Anti-Theft With Rear Parking Aid Less Front Parking Aid Less Automated Parking System Medium Duty Battery Heavy Duty Alternator With Region 1 Electronic Equipment AM/FM CD/Clock With Satellite Radio Reception With NAAO Radio Frequency HD Radio Broadcast With Level 2 Sound System Less Radio Suppression Sync III With Universal Garage Door Opener Less Wiring Prep Less Smokers Package Rear View Camera-Fixed Less Fog Lamp Bezel With Auxillary Lights High Intensity Discharge Headlamp Less Daytime Running Lamps Less Front Fog Lamps Less Spot Light Less Right Hand Spot Light With Ambient Lighting-Interior (-) Package Ty/Dk Lid Lamp-Pre Wire Tail lamps - Level 1 With Auto High Lamp Headlamp Less Wiring Harness Less Power Distribution Box - Front Less Accessory - Packages Blue Jeans (Metallic) Generic Country Group 1 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55 Taurus SHO (-) GVMT Service Administration (-)"CDN" (-)"GU" (-)"BRN" (-)"BZ" (-)"ATG" (-)"KOR" (-)"AW"

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ToMang07

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ZSHO

Quote from: ToMang07 on August 10, 2018, 10:44:25 AM
I cannot get this to work with my '13.
Whats the Build date on your 2013MY!  Z

Did you press the ignition,start button(once)while having the Key Fob inside the vehicle!.
While holding the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel for five seconds,immediately press the push button start again which is (ignition mode) and that will Access (Engineering Mode) which the speedometer will then perform a sweep test and then just use the up/down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll,navigate you through the options.........