• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FORScan?

Started by Gjkrisa, October 28, 2016, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marobrown

Thanks, forgot about the intro, taken care of. Yes it's mine 2016 non PP, bought new in August last year. Here is a pic.

Marobrown

Quote from: Mustang5L5 on September 13, 2017, 09:14:05 PM
That won't work on an Older Taurus running the Sync 2 setup correct? 

As for engine hours.  I'm struggling on this one.

720-01-02  xxxx xxxX xxxx

X = 0   engine hours off
X = 3  engine hours on.     

Except when I change the bit to a 3, I get an incompatible configuration error and it won't let me write it.

Yes, as far as I know it is only for the SYNC3 system.

The engine hours change worked for me adding the 3 in that location.

Gjkrisa

Wow missed that hrs update! Than you I just found another spreadsheet for the flex they seem to have lots of time to test things
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qe8PznI_XvEb5NPaRCN5OBXpcdrIvx6qvenWbHRtRA8/edit?usp=sharing

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

WhitePlatinumSHO

Just to clarify....you guys are using this to write changes?
http://www.obdlink.com/mxbt
2016 Platinum White SHO
- Unleashed Tune & 3 Bar MAP

2010 Red Candy SHO - Gone but not forgotten
1997 Cobra Coupe - 659rwhp / 609rwtq

WhitePlatinumSHO

Thanks guys. I ordered a OBDLink MXBT. Just made some changes with it / ForScan....very cool.
2016 Platinum White SHO

Gjkrisa

So I finally decided to start doing some deep diving of how to find options first I compared identical Tauruses to see what codes changes just for vin then I have my pp vs one with nav next separate photo when I update it will be 17 sho with nav vs 17sho with everything but pp don't remember if the nav has a moon roof think it did.

Also was going to add name of what modules they correspond with so that picture will probably be changed soon as well

WhitePlatinumSHO

I saw somewhere there is a "compare" program that will read the as built files. Would that help / make it easier when comparing.
2016 Platinum White SHO

Gjkrisa

Quote from: WhitePlatinumSHO on November 19, 2017, 09:20:09 AM
I saw somewhere there is a "compare" program that will read the as built files. Would that help / make it easier when comparing.
This is how I'm doing this only writing down the difference but also noting where and how.
Later ignoring all the ones that seem only changed by vin I'm going to plug everything in and see if I can turn anything on also see what type of hex I need to turn it on 1 or 0 or a or h already possibly noticed something's have changes in 3 lines but we usually only make one change

Gjkrisa

So I broke my laptop screen don't feel like paying 300 for a new one unless someone has a hook up for $50 on a 15in Vaio laptop
So no more playing with forscan probably till May.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SHOdded

:o  don't think it is as easy to find laptop screens as it is cheap digitizers for smartphones ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Gjkrisa nice work posting all this forscan stuff...I never really read it but now you convinced me to grab it up..I have an ids tool that I used a while back to install a boss 302 cluster in my mustang gt

Question: can forscan do pmi or programmable module installation ?...I needed the ids to do that for the cluster swap
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Macgyver

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 18, 2018, 06:34:36 PM
So I broke my laptop screen don't feel like paying 300 for a new one unless someone has a hook up for $50 on a 15in Vaio laptop
So no more playing with forscan probably till May.

Most Laptops have secondary video output. As long as your screen is not totally dead and even if it is. You can hook it up to any TV or monitor. Usually there is a key for it on the keyboard. Hit secondary function key (blue) and it sometimes is F4 . Look for a dual screen picture on your keyboard.

Gjkrisa

I mean as for playing in the car with it I use currently for a media box

Macgyver

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 18, 2018, 11:41:46 PM
I mean as for playing in the car with it I use currently for a media box

Ahhhhh Gotcha.

I am sure you know and they can be a pain to install but you can buy new screens.

Lenovo has decent refubs and such in their outlet. I dont trust Ebay for used/refurb Laptops.

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/outletus/consumer-notebook/lenovo/100s-series/Lenovo-N23/p/80UR0002US