• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FORScan?

Started by Gjkrisa, October 28, 2016, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

For the sho everything basically is same since 15 except for sync3 although curious if they might have put in ability to turn on auto tilting mirrors in reverse 16 doesn't have the spot as far as I'm aware

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Mustang5L5

SO getting the TPMS gauge to work on the left side is a no-go?  That's a shame as that would be pretty useful info to have.
-2014 Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Mustang5L5 on September 06, 2017, 11:30:09 AM
SO getting the TPMS gauge to work on the left side is a no-go?  That's a shame as that would be pretty useful info to have.
Thanks yeah i tried getting into it also just thought maybe i was missing something i wonder why on their performance orentated family car they would not put the Tom's there the pid to read how much pressure is there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hawkeye93

Can't do it on the instrument panel, but you can display the tire pressures in Torque:

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3141.0.html

QuoteTire pressures: Discussed in detail on page 5.

6/12/14 update on Tire Pressures:  We can't get Torque to respond to these PIDs for the 2011 as I believe they are in a different module that it refuses to access...the 2011's are on MSCAN which may be preventing it and the 2013's have a BCM on the HSCAN which means the address is probably different.  No luck for now...

2013+ tire pressures (psi):

LFTP
PID: 222813
Equation: (((256*A)+B)/3+22/3)*0.145

LRTP
PID: 222816

RFTP
PID: 222814

RRTP
PID: 222815
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

Mustang5L5

That's how I've typically done it.  I just view the PID's through a scan app on my phone with a Bluetooth app and ELM327.  Still, would be nice to pull up a screen and see it instantly, especially as we are about to head into the winter and the tire pressures drop over the next few months. Oh well

Changing gears, has anyone discovered how to enable the climate control menu on the right display screen?

Using Forscan, so far on my car I've done this
- Enable navigation
- Eliminate the double beep when you step outside car with engine running
- Change number of flashes when you half press the turn signal from 3 to 4.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Mustang5L5 on September 06, 2017, 05:34:18 PM
That's how I've typically done it.  I just view the PID's through a scan app on my phone with a Bluetooth app and ELM327.  Still, would be nice to pull up a screen and see it instantly, especially as we are about to head into the winter and the tire pressures drop over the next few months. Oh well

Changing gears, has anyone discovered how to enable the climate control menu on the right display screen?

- Enable navigation
How did you enable navigation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mustang5L5

Quote from: Gjkrisa on September 06, 2017, 07:35:19 PM
Quote from: Mustang5L5 on September 06, 2017, 05:34:18 PM

- Enable navigation
How did you enable navigation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should all be in this thread.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/general/myford-touch-navigation-activation-t3368080

To sum it up here's what I did.

Use Forscan to enable Nav  (literally changed 1 bit)
installed .png file on USB, and loaded it into MFT by importing it as a wallpaper and unlocking Nav

DId a master reset on the MFT

At that point, it was asking for the SD card, but wasn't seeing it.  I had Sync 3.8, so I downloaded some Navigation update files for the system (listed as optional on some of the posts, but I had to do it) and installed via USB.  After that, I put in the ford SD card with maps, and had navigation.

Spend a good couple hours researching this before I tried it, but if I had to do it again I could probably get it done in 30 minutes...mostly spent waiting for Sync to install the nav files and reboot.

CHanging the one bit also changed the Compass screen on the right side of dash to Navigation as well.

sholxgt

Wow!  Lots of information in this thread.  Trying to bring myself up to speed, but wanted to say...

On my '13 MKS, my windows roll up and my sunroof closes if I hold down the lock button on the key fob.  Is that one of the things people are trying to activate?  I do not have Forscan nor have played with any of this.  It's just that way from the factory. 
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

There's unfortunately no way to close your windows,sunroof via key fob IIRC.  Z  :(

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1670.msg21078.html#msg21078

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Quote from: ZSHO on September 08, 2017, 07:29:43 PM
There's unfortunately no way to close your windows,sunroof via key fob IIRC.  Z  :(

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1670.msg21078.html#msg21078

Really surprised that my car can do it, but a SHO can't.  Everything else is darn near exact between the two models.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Ford product differentiation at work :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mustang5L5

Quote from: sholxgt on September 08, 2017, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 08, 2017, 07:29:43 PM

Really surprised that my car can do it, but a SHO can't.  Everything else is darn near exact between the two models.

Might be hardware related as to the reasons for that.  Perhaps the motors are different enough to justify the higher price point of the Lincoln, and Ford decided not to extend that to the Taurus line in general.  For instance, there's a feature called "secureidle" which locks the shifter in Park if you get out of the vehicle and won't allow it to shoft out of park until it detects the key again.  Great for police vehicles, but if you enable it on the civilian Taurus it doesn't work.  The shifter on the police cars is column shift however, so the hardware is completely different.

But what you refer to is known as "Global open" and "global close", but enabling the bit, won't necessarily enable the function on the car.

______

Next up on my list of things to do is add heated steering wheel.  I know how to enable the soft touch icon on Forscan to add the icon to my touchstreet and I've purchased a heated steering wheel module.  Just need to find where it goes to verify the wiring is there, before I invest in a steering wheel.

Marobrown

I just got Forscan, found it through the ford-trucks forum looking for my 2017 f250. They have an extensive spreadsheet going on there as well.

I found this thread through google after I messed with my truck and I found really good information on here for my 2016 SHO.  Climate menu on the left side did not work for me. But I was able to change  the blinker to flash 4 times, added the engine hours and AWD gauge, removed the double horn honk all with your help. THANK YOU! 

I found a good one today on the superduty forum, this is thanks to LIVNITUP on there and wanted to share it here as I tried it on my SHO and it worked.

APIM 7D0-02-01             5753-xxxx-xxxx

This allows the viewing of text messages as well as adding a destination in the nag screen while driving.

Apparently this didn't work with SYNCv2.0 but was confirmed to work with the leaked SYNCv3 that is out there. I confirmed it worked on my SYNCv2.2 SHO this evening. Now the keyboard will not be disabled when the car gets over 5 mph. No more pulling over to add a destination.

ZSHO

Quote from: Marobrown on September 13, 2017, 08:46:39 PM
I know this is an old thread, but just got forscan, found it through the ford-trucks forum looking for my 2017 f250. They have an extensive spreadsheet going on there as well.

I found this thread through google after I messed with my truck and I found really good information on here for my 2016 SHO.  Climate menu on the left side did not work for me. But I was able to change  the blinker to flash 4 times, added the engine hours and AWD gauge, removed the double horn honk all with your help. THANK YOU! 

I found a good one today on the superduty forum, this is thanks to LIVNITUP on there and wanted to share it here as I tried it on my SHO and it worked.

APIM 7D0-02-01             5753-xxxx-xxxx

This allows the viewing of text messages as well as adding a destination in the nag screen while driving.

Apparently this didn't work with SYNCv2.0 but was confirmed to work with the leaked SYNCv3 that is out there. I confirmed it worked on my SYNCv2.2 SHO this evening. Now the keyboard will not be disabled when the car gets over 5 mph. No more pulling over to add a destination.
Welcome there MaroBrown! This is on your 16 SHO? any pics ? Due setup an intro at your earliest convenience,thanks.  Z
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Mustang5L5

That won't work on an Older Taurus running the Sync 2 setup correct? 

As for engine hours.  I'm struggling on this one.

720-01-02  xxxx xxxX xxxx

X = 0   engine hours off
X = 3  engine hours on.     

Except when I change the bit to a 3, I get an incompatible configuration error and it won't let me write it.