• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FORScan?

Started by Gjkrisa, October 28, 2016, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

@Izzybird what year is your SHO? Due add your signature with your current vehicle and any mods you may have,thanks.  Z
BTW you should be good to go after this post.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: Half-Fast on April 23, 2017, 05:22:51 PM
Anyone using a wifi adapter with Forscan?  I want to go that route because the bluetooth isn't compatible with the iPhone app (so they say).

Theoretically the Kiwi BT adapter IS iOS compatible, and is well-rated on Amazon if you want to give it a try.

Otherwise for wifi, I have found Veepeak/vGate/iCar adapters to be the fastest/last the longest.  Still no contest against the MX BT adapter, but not bad.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Anyone using a wifi adapter with Forscan?  I want to go that route because the bluetooth isn't compatible with the iPhone app (so they say).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OCYXTYY/ref=pd_aw_sim_263_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GYMPDJB9238KCHBX9KC0&dpPl=1&dpID=41FBr8BHCiL
Obd link is who I trust no need to mod to get high low can to work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Izzybird on April 23, 2017, 05:59:21 PM
I wanted to try the AWD Gauge but that line doesn't offer to write and I did not want to try "write all", I'm still green to all this. I just got the adapter Friday.
Ohh give me the line for wed please?! I've done the write all it's safe but just in case I have a manual save of all the modules and the as built file from before

hawkeye93

I enabled the AWD gauge on my SHO.  On my 2015, I changed 720-01-02 from 8AFC-4CF0-3F2B to BAFC-4CF0-3F5B.  Of course, the last byte is the checksum.  Works great, although I rarely use it.

Interesting note, if you have navigation, this also changes the speed limit indicator on the right IP from the US version to the "international" version (white circle with red border).
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

Half-Fast

Quote from: SHOdded on April 23, 2017, 06:55:05 PM

Theoretically the Kiwi BT adapter IS iOS compatible, and is well-rated on Amazon if you want to give it a try.

Otherwise for wifi, I have found Veepeak/vGate/iCar adapters to be the fastest/last the longest.  Still no contest against the MX BT adapter, but not bad.
IOS maybe, but the iPhone app needs wifi according to this link http://forscan.org/comparsion.html

Am I reading that right
2014 SHO PP Deep Impact Blue.  All stock...

SHOdded

Seems so.  Worth a post on the forscan forum and/or a call to kiwi directly, if you want to pursue.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Izzybird

Hawkeye93 has it, my checksum was different. Went for it and clicked "write all", now I have the AWD Gauge. I thought it'd be fun to play with for a couple days.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

Gjkrisa

Quote from: hawkeye93 on April 23, 2017, 07:30:49 PM
I enabled the AWD gauge on my SHO.  On my 2015, I changed 720-01-02 from 8AFC-4CF0-3F2B to BAFC-4CF0-3F5B.  Of course, the last byte is the checksum.  Works great, although I rarely use it.

Interesting note, if you have navigation, this also changes the speed limit indicator on the right IP from the US version to the "international" version (white circle with red border).
Confirmed thank you !

Gjkrisa

Now I need engine hours.
Although I used trip 2 never reset and surprised never reset after power lose or messing with forscan.

Gjkrisa

If you haven't messed with forscan for awial it's time to go back thru I just got the car to not tell me when I'm not wearing a seat belt.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: hawkeye93 on April 23, 2017, 07:30:49 PM

That is interesting I'm curious if there is away to get speed limit posted from a non nav unit kinda seems not if that changes when you have nav.
There is probably another spot to edit or another way of turning it on so that doesn't change.

hawkeye93

I'm pretty sure you can enable navigation on a non-nav car using FORScan; I read about it on one of the other forums.  Obviously, you need to buy an SD card.  I have factory navigation, so I didn't mess with it.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

Izzybird

Wife said she had to change the screen off the AWD Gauge on her commute this morning, said she kept staring at it. Lol
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

ZSHO

AFAIK the only way to add Navigation,instead of compass on the right side of the instrument cluster is through IDS Software and then you will need a Vin-specific AB File in order to program the Data for the IPC.IIRC
Here's mine below and has been working flawless for almost two years now.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|