• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FORScan?

Started by Gjkrisa, October 28, 2016, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Also before you change anything just make a backup of all the modules you have to do it one module at a time. It saved me when I didn't fully understand what I changed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

MiWiAu

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 15, 2017, 10:06:31 AM
Also before you change anything just make a backup of all the modules you have to do it one module at a time. It saved me when I didn't fully understand what I changed

Thanks for the tip on backups. Pretty sure I didn't get a clone, but I will get the app to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Not had a fallout yet.  3+ years in service.  But then again, y'all's rides have more sophisticated systems than mine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 15, 2017, 10:03:32 AM
I have not.
get obd link app to verify you didn't get a clone

Quote from: SHOdded on January 15, 2017, 10:50:50 AM
Not had a fallout yet.  3+ years in service.  But then again, y'all's rides have more sophisticated systems than mine.

I'm running Windows 10, and the connection goes between "connected" and "paired". Apparently this is normal with Windows if a signal isn't being actively transmitted. Registered the device with the OBDwiz application, and everything seems kosher.

When I execute service procedure to program a module, it seems to stay connected, but if I clear a DTC, it will work once, then I get a "No ELM found. Please check connection and try again". If I close FORScan and reconnect it works again. I turned off a power save feature in my device manager for Bluetooth, but this didnt seem to make much of a difference. Guess I will just proceed with caution.
2013 XSport

Gjkrisa

interesting i have windows 10 also but i have a asus bluetooth adaptor i had to buy and just used windows bluetooth device control to add the obd device .
ive never cleared a dtc with the laptop though.
let me know if you make a change to the modules and still have it disconnect just something id like to know.
if so id try to just register using windows Bluetooth.

SHOdded

I have only used Forscan Lite on Android to clear codes (with ignition in ON but with engine off), and never had an issue with pairing.  Sounds more of device issue on the Windows side.  I know when I tried to use Forscan on Windows 7, it was a bit picky with its' Bluetooth adapters/connections.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on January 15, 2017, 03:57:25 PM
I have only used Forscan Lite on Android to clear codes (with ignition in ON but with engine off), and never had an issue with pairing.  Sounds more of device issue on the Windows side.  I know when I tried to use Forscan on Windows 7, it was a bit picky with its' Bluetooth adapters/connections.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Windows goofiness. I did make a change to the BCM to turn off the double horn honk, and it worked with no issue.

I'll keep you guys posted if I have any other problems. Thanks! :)
2013 XSport

Izzybird

It may already be here somewhere, but here is what I did to disable the double honk on '15 SHO.
726-16-01 0211 57 as built
726-16-01 0201 47
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Izzybird on April 23, 2017, 02:42:06 PM
It may already be here somewhere, but here is what I did to disable the double honk on '15 SHO.
726-16-01 0201 47
Thank you I will try this!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Izzybird on April 23, 2017, 02:42:06 PM
726-16-01 0201 47
It worked!
How did you figure that out?

Half-Fast

Anyone using a wifi adapter with Forscan?  I want to go that route because the bluetooth isn't compatible with the iPhone app (so they say).
2014 SHO PP Deep Impact Blue.  All stock...

Izzybird

Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 23, 2017, 04:17:46 PM
It worked!

[/quote]I noticed on the exploder forum that the third digit number needed to be changed to a zero and just gave it a try. How long do I have to go through the verification questions before I can post? It's already getting old.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

ZSHO

Quote from: Izzybird on April 23, 2017, 05:44:21 PM
It worked!

I noticed on the exploder forum that the third digit number needed to be changed to a zero and just gave it a try. How long do I have to go through the verification questions before I can post? It's already getting old.
[/quote]The security verification feature should go away after the 5th post.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Izzybird

Quote from: ZSHO on April 23, 2017, 05:51:37 PM
Quote from: Izzybird on April 23, 2017, 05:44:21 PM
It worked!

I noticed on the exploder forum that the third digit number needed to be changed to a zero and just gave it a try. How long do I have to go through the verification questions before I can post? It's already getting old.
The security verification feature should go away after the 5th post.  Z
[/quote]
Thank you
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

Izzybird

I wanted to try the AWD Gauge but that line doesn't offer to write and I did not want to try "write all", I'm still green to all this. I just got the adapter Friday.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP