• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FORScan?

Started by Gjkrisa, October 28, 2016, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 07, 2018, 11:14:35 PM
Isn't odometer tampering of any sort illegal?
Yes it is  but learning how to do it is very fun

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

gotpball44

Could this be used to make the massage chairs pop up on the sync screen? That way I can adjust the speed, turn both bottom and back massagers on, all on the screen.

I know the 2015s can do this, but I have a 2013 and really want this option to control the seats massagers through the sync screen

Please let me know anyone

Gjkrisa

Quote from: gotpball44 on March 28, 2018, 03:32:16 AM
Could this be used to make the massage chairs pop up on the sync screen? That way I can adjust the speed, turn both bottom and back massagers on, all on the screen.

I know the 2015s can do this, but I have a 2013 and really want this option to control the seats massagers through the sync screen

I'd say probably you can use http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx if you know a VIN that has what you want you can find a car with that option think your going to be looking in the apim area
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/quickguides/quickguides then go-to asbuilt info

Gjkrisa

Finally got some more time to play don't know if anyone else has had these same questions but autounlock driver 1-4 I'm guessing is for each driver key not sure how you would program what is 1 thru 4 but I think I remember when I got my keys it was labeled what one was the master key so I picked that one gave my wife the second one so that should be 1 and 2 then how ever you add the next chooses 3 and 4

I'm guessing autounlock vehicle level is just when you drive off it will autolock

I found d out two stage unlock is just how many times you hit unlock on the fob one stage unlock all four two stage driver then the 3 others

Pase configuration I tried inop I don't know what that stands for but makes it where the key has to be in the chip holder spot to read the key to state the car

Haven't tried disabled affraid it may not let me use the push start button to let me reconnect and change it back

Not sure what passive keyfob does key still works when I disabled to lock unlock and start car using the touch sensors or from key 

LostnEye

There was a hardware change that allows for this. The 2013 massagers do not communicate with the APIM so while you may be able to add the buttons  on screen they will NOT work with the 2013 massager modules. The 2015+ I believe will also let you use the back and butt massagers at once where earlier ones are either or.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

ZSHO

Quote from: LostnEye on August 06, 2018, 05:16:29 PM

There was a hardware change that allows for this. The 2013 massagers do not communicate with the APIM so while you may be able to add the buttons  on screen they will NOT work with the 2013 massager modules. The 2015+ I believe will also let you use the back and butt massagers at once where earlier ones are either or.
X2 could only play with the (Butt) massage feature on the 2015MY!  Z   :D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Quote from: LostnEye on August 06, 2018, 05:16:29 PM

With my 2016 I can have both on

LostnEye

Looks like 2016+ then.

Something I wish I could add, which was standard on my Lincoln LS was syncing the heated/cooled seats with the climate controls so they would get cold/hot based on how much AC/heat the climate control was calling for. That car had hard buttons for heated and cooled, pressing both together would sync them. My Navigator has the same buttons but would not do it.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: LostnEye on August 08, 2018, 12:50:14 PM
Looks like 2016+ then.

Something I wish I could add, which was standard on my Lincoln LS was syncing the heated/cooled seats with the climate controls so they would get cold/hot based on how much AC/heat the climate control was calling for. That car had hard buttons for heated and cooled, pressing both together would sync them. My Navigator has the same buttons but would not do it.
The AC seats are just blowing air from the rest of the system into the seats so having the AC seats on will adjust temp of the seat to same as air.  Same with heat I noticed that by raising the main temp that my seats would get warmer or colder from 72-80 I felt the most difference

LostnEye

Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 08, 2018, 01:59:33 PM
Looks like 2016+ then.

The AC seats are just blowing air from the rest of the system into the seats so having the AC seats on will adjust temp of the seat to same as air.  Same with heat I noticed that by raising the main temp that my seats would get warmer or colder from 72-80 I felt the most difference

What I am saying is with the LS you could set them as "always on" and would automatically cool or heat based on the climate control setting. You wouldn't have to turn them on manually anymore, similar to the remote start in the Taurus where you can have them come on while the car is warming up.   From the Lincoln owners manual:

Automatic heated/cooled passenger seat: To engage, press the
passenger side heat and cool seat controls simultaneously. The center
light above the passenger side heated and cooled controls will illuminate
and the display will show . This allows the seat to automatically heat
or cool based on the climate control temperature selected. Press either
control to disengage.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: LostnEye on August 08, 2018, 02:11:02 PM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 08, 2018, 01:59:33 PM
Looks like 2016+ then.

What I am saying is with the LS you could set them as "always on" and would automatically cool or heat based on the climate control setting. You wouldn't have to turn them on manually anymore, similar to the remote start in the Taurus where you can have them come on while the car is warming up.   From the Lincoln owners manual:

Automatic heated/cooled passenger seat: To engage, press the
passenger side heat and cool seat controls simultaneously. The center
light above the passenger side heated and cooled controls will illuminate
and the display will show . This allows the seat to automatically heat
or cool based on the climate control temperature selected. Press either
control to disengage.
Even after turning off then back on the seats stayed syncd?

LostnEye

ToMang07

Tons of good info in this thread.

Turned global up on for the windows.... no go.

Awd gauge works.... neat... I'll see how it does on the ice this winter,  lol

Global down works.  Cool feature, but no global up seriously takes away from it.

I'm pretty disappointed we can't get the TPMS gauge/info. I suppose I should have read more into it,  but that was the main reason I wanted forscan. With the aggressive temperature changes we get it'd be good info to have. 

Not sure what else is needed or if there's anything else I want to change.

Thanks to all those who experimented and put out the relevant info!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Izzybird

Quote from: ToMang07 on August 29, 2018, 11:12:03 AM

Global down works.  Cool feature, but no global up seriously takes away from it.

I'm pretty disappointed we can't get the TPMS gauge/info. I suppose I should have read more into it,  but that was the main reason I wanted forscan. With the aggressive temperature changes we get it'd be good info to have. 

I banged my head for a few days trying to figure out global up when this thread got rolling, it's a bummer. But hey, if it starts raining hard at least you can run all the windows DOWN. smh..
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

ToMang07

Lol,  serious derp on Ford's part. 
Quote from: Izzybird on August 29, 2018, 12:12:17 PM
Quote from: ToMang07 on August 29, 2018, 11:12:03 AM

I banged my head for a few days trying to figure out global up when this thread got rolling, it's a bummer. But hey, if it starts raining hard at least you can run all the windows DOWN. smh..

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads