• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Nitrous junkies!!!! Need some insight

Started by TimmyATL, October 28, 2016, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyATL

Ok so I was given a wet Nitrous that came out of a 3.7L Mustang. I have been doing some research and was wondering if a 35 or 50 shot would work with my set up. I am tuned on methanol. I want to use a progressive controller like Nitrous Express Maximizer 4 with closed loop correction option which lets me set air fuel ratio parameters and will pulse with modulate the fuel and nitrous solenoids to try and maintain the set ratio. Since I will have the effects of the methanol and the fuel being pulled from the stock system along with the cooling effect of the air charge with the nitrous. Air charge temp in the cylinders should be low to prevent knock. Maybe I am just crazy for wanting to do this. All advise welcome.

13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

sholxgt

First off...I love nitrous and think it's a great idea!

Personally, I'd skip Maximizer.  I think it's great for more basic applications, but with our very sophisticated ECU attempting to do the same thing at the same time, I see the two just fighting each other.

Think of this...ECU wants richer so it gives more fuel, maximizer wants leaner so it takes away fuel via the soleniod.  Or vice versa.  Either way it leads to a car fighting itself.

I'd just hit it with the 35 wet and datalog it closely.  If all looks good, up it to the 50 shot.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

glock-coma

Mike from ecopowerparts had nitrous on his flex. Hopefully he'll chime in.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

I will PM him.  He's out of pocket for the moment.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

75 wet shot works great, just use a window switch, throttle switch and fuel pressure safety switch. Pull fuel from the plastic to hard line joint by the passenger side of the engine bay. They have male to female quick connect with gauge ports that work great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Vortech347

Be very careful with a wet system.  Make sure you use a window switch to keep the activation above 3000rpm.  Wet back fires SUCK
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

sholxgt

Quote from: Vortech347 on October 28, 2016, 05:11:55 PM
Be very careful with a wet system.  Make sure you use a window switch to keep the activation above 3000rpm.  Wet back fires SUCK

I have had plenty of those through the years.  Never hurt anything serious.  Not sure you'd even notice a backfire on a 35 shot.  Smallest shot I've ever had a backfire on was a 175.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

StealBlueSho

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on October 28, 2016, 03:58:48 PM
75 wet shot works great, just use a window switch, throttle switch and fuel pressure safety switch. Pull fuel from the plastic to hard line joint by the passenger side of the engine bay. They have male to female quick connect with gauge ports that work great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Did you run that stock or tuned? If tuned, did your tune compensate for the nitrous? If not, which tune were you running when you did? Did you notice any AFR or fueling issues? I always wanted sneaky pete.. If you want to PM me the answers that's cool...

TimmyATL

Thanks for the replies. I have read Mike's Nitrous post he did. I plan on having the Nitrous come on at 3200 to 3500 that is about when I am at max torque and also the Methanol will already be spraying.
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

Vortech347

Quote from: sholxgt on October 28, 2016, 08:38:27 PM

I have had plenty of those through the years.  Never hurt anything serious.  Not sure you'd even notice a backfire on a 35 shot.  Smallest shot I've ever had a backfire on was a 175.

A friend's vette recently backfired and burned to the ground with a 100.  It blew the intake part which severed the fuel line and the rest was a smoldering mess.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

AJP turbo

Quote from: Vortech347 on October 29, 2016, 12:06:00 PM

A friend's vette recently backfired and burned to the ground with a 100.  It blew the intake part which severed the fuel line and the rest was a smoldering mess.

Sounds like a good time
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on October 29, 2016, 12:08:22 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on October 29, 2016, 12:06:00 PM

Sounds like a good time
NOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!