• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock Exhaust or Aftermarket Exhaust?

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, October 18, 2013, 09:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

So I have put a deposit on a 2013 SHO PP and will be picking it up in the next week or so. I have not even seen the vehicle in person but hopefully the pictures, Carfax and salesman have been accurate with the condition and after a short test drive I will bring it home. I have another thread going on about the purchase and someone mentioned that they think the pictures of the exhaust tips indicate that there may be an aftermarket exhaust already installed. I am waiting to hear what the salesman thinks, but what do you guys think, stock or exhaust.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

ONLYA6

Looks like Corsa tips to me judging by how they are contoured to the bumper. It will be etched right on the top. Just have the salesman shoot a pic of the underside and text it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

bpd1151

Doesn't appear to be factory exhaust, as the OEM set up has rolled (in) edges.

Which aftermarket set up it is though, I personally do not know.

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

elund126

Was that car involved in a collision, or, did the dealer just pick a bad background for that picture? Just curious....
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: elund126 on October 18, 2013, 12:21:23 PM
Was that car involved in a collision, or, did the dealer just pick a bad background for that picture? Just curious....
Absolutely clean, just a bad background. I guess that is what happens when a Ford ends up at  Chevy dealership.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

ecoboostsho

Too funny...I actually bought my SHO at a Chevy dealership as well.  Congrats on the pending purchase!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Tractorak

looks like my 2013 stock exhaust here is a picture sorry its dirty been raining for days.

2013 Tuxedo Black SHO PP

Fordmanmorgan

Morgan

2014 Fusion SE 2.0 EB
2013 Taurus SEL 3.7
1993 Mustang 2.3

SHODYOU

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 18, 2013, 10:06:02 AM
Doesn't appear to be factory exhaust, as the OEM set up has rolled (in) edges.

Which aftermarket set up it is though, I personally do not know.

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

2013s got double wall tips... since all taurus' now get duals with rolled edge, they distinguish the sho with  double walls.

It was I that mentioned I thought it had a cb... the tips are contoured with the valance and appear larger that stock... like post above mine.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

bpd1151

Cool :ok: