• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Final test and tune at Gateway Motorsports Park tonight

Started by J_C, October 27, 2016, 09:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_C

Quote from: derfdog15 on October 30, 2016, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: J_C on October 30, 2016, 10:46:17 AM
Quote from: derfdog15 on October 30, 2016, 10:03:30 AM
Is your car PP or not? Advance-trac/traction all the way off when you launch? Do you break boost? If so, what RPM? Thats a pretty nice 60'

Yes, it is a performance pack. I only turn off traction control because wheel hop hasn't been an issue before. Makes me wonder if it would've helped me more turning advance trac off also because it lit up on the dash around 100mph each pass. Yes, this was a break boost launch btw

Shoulda read the signature for the PP question... DOH! What RPM are you launching at? I know all cars are different, just trying to see if it is drastically different than my launch.

Quote from: J_C on October 30, 2016, 12:45:45 PM
I can't help but wonder if the wheel hop and advance trac cost me a tenth or two?  I kept dropping tire pressure hoping it would help but didn't unfortunately

As other have said, Advance-Trac, even off, gets pissed when you go fast. I had the same thing AJP mentioned happened ~3 times at the track the last time I went, but a quick key-cycle set everything straight. No actual codes, etc.

I have yet to get wheel hop, I wonder if the H&Rs spring rate was a contributing factor there?

Yeah, nothing lit up on my dash at launch or on the 1-2 shift it wasn't until 100ish that advance trac kicked in. It probably didn't help I was spinning the tires after the water box before staging either. I doubt it was my springs because it hasn't wheel hoped on previous trips with the springs installed
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

J_C

Quote from: f8tlSHO on October 31, 2016, 09:49:02 AM
Yeah I have never had wheel hop either, stock springs on mine. I had the car fall flat on its face off the line though. Seems like it happens if you hold the brake boost too long... like ajp said, the computer doesn't like to see brake and gas at the same time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This actually happened on my last pass so I said f*** it and went home..lol. I'm 40 miles from the track and was already after 10pm on a wednesday
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph