• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Final test and tune at Gateway Motorsports Park tonight

Started by J_C, October 27, 2016, 09:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_C

I'm heading down one last time to get some passes in before the track closes for the year. The air will be great and hoping to better my 12.2 from my previous trip. Anyone else planning to go?
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J_C

Quote from: SHOdded on October 27, 2016, 09:55:40 AM
11s or nothing :D

Haha.. Obviously that is the goal but if I come up short it's understandable. I know of only one guy that hit 11.9x without the aid of meth or upgraded turbos.
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

SHOdded

Do you have race gas available at the park?  Maybe that and/or E will do it ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: J_C on October 27, 2016, 10:38:48 AM

Haha.. Obviously that is the goal but if I come up short it's understandable. I know of only one guy that hit 11.9x without the aid of meth or upgraded turbos.
Very true.

11's have proven quite elusive for the platform, since SHO's were re-introduced back in 2010.

In fact with that recent edition to the 11's club, only 6 known to date that have crossed over into that realm.

A small group for sure. Maybe you can be the 7th.

May the wind be at your back, and the track well prepped!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I think within a years time the Ecoboost platform has certainly evolved into an Ecobeast with overall better tuning capabilities in supporting E85 and racegas has proven to be sufficient in overall gains without the need for meth injection which can be some what costly,sorry for being a bit off topic. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

J_C

Quote from: SHOdded on October 27, 2016, 10:55:41 AM
Do you have race gas available at the park?  Maybe that and/or E will do it ;)

I'll be running my e30 mix along with a can of Torco to a half tank of fuel. I plan to log this combination for Torrie before making my way to the track

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

J_C

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 27, 2016, 11:47:19 AM
Quote from: J_C on October 27, 2016, 10:38:48 AM

Very true.

11's have proven quite elusive for the platform, since SHO's were re-introduced back in 2010.

In fact with that recent edition to the 11's club, only 6 known to date that have crossed over into that realm.

A small group for sure. Maybe you can be the 7th.

May the wind be at your back, and the track well prepped!

I sure hope so as I said above but if it doesn't happen tonight maybe sometime next season. I'm worried about traction being an issue with the cooler temps. Hopefully with it being the last test and tune the track prep is decent

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

J_C

Quote from: ZSHO on October 27, 2016, 12:25:27 PM
I think within a years time the Ecoboost platform has certainly evolved into an Ecobeast with overall better tuning capabilities in supporting E85 and racegas has proven to be sufficient in overall gains without the need for meth injection which can be some what costly,sorry for being a bit off topic. Z

Oh I agree completely! I was strongly considering meth until all the recent problems    I began hearing about. The e30 mix has been pretty good on my car so I'll stick to it for now

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

bpd1151

Recent problems with Meth?

Hmmmm.... other than the developments with Snow Performance and their craptastic product line(s) & lack of warranty/customer support, post sale.....

What else has (allegedly) come up?

J_C

Yeah, snow performance reputation has been pretty poor lately which steered me away at the time. Also most meth kits share the same pump as snow so it's not just their company but they seem to be shady with warranty work

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

mval

too old to go to gateway & work next day. my friend who's done some work to my sho will have his gray '79 4 cyl turbo pony there. do not race him!!! it's street legal here's a clip of one of his runs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhR_IiTIiLI
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

f8tlSHO

My car could go 11's if I start taking stuff out... I don't really consider that a daily driver once you start taking extra stuff like seats out to accomplish an 11 second pass.. I should have went to the track last night.. da was -800 with high 40's temps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq