• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 XSport Tuning

Started by MiWiAu, October 24, 2016, 01:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Quote from: 16MagSport on November 14, 2016, 11:13:09 AM
FYI, mine has always measured -0.96 with 91 octane.  When I added 96 and 100 at the track to get me a 93-95 octane mix, it still measured -0.96 so I think that is maxed for mine.

My SCT Pegs/maxes out at -.96 as well. I think it is possible to play with the limits of the value within a tune for finer readings/readings past -1 though if so desired.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

Thanks guys. Last time I ran a tank of premium (91 no ethanol from a station way out of town), I was at -0.98 to -0.96. When I switched back to 87 to start my new tunes with AJP, the OAR dropped pretty quickly (within 20 miles) and settled at -0.33 through 2 tanks of fuel. It just seems to be taking a lot longer to adjust this time.

On a side note, I was under the impression that OAR was stored in KAM and that clearing it should reset OAR to a default value. This is not the case with my X4, since my OAR does not change after a KAM reset. I sent a note to SCT yesterday asking if the X4 should be capable of resetting this value, and they replied saying I needed to set up a remote support session to look into my issue (no definitive answer given). I won't be able to call during their support hours until tomorrow morning, but I'll let you know what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on November 14, 2016, 11:23:57 AM
Thanks guys. Last time I ran a tank of premium (91 no ethanol from a station way out of town), I was at -0.98 to -0.96. When I switched back to 87 to start my new tunes with AJP, the OAR dropped pretty quickly (within 20 miles) and settled at -0.33 through 2 tanks of fuel. It just seems to be taking a lot longer to adjust this time.

On a side note, I was under the impression that OAR was stored in KAM and that clearing it should reset OAR to a default value. This is not the case with my X4, since my OAR does not change after a KAM reset. I sent a note to SCT yesterday asking if the X4 should be capable of resetting this value, and they replied saying I needed to set up a remote support session to look into my issue (no definitive answer given). I won't be able to call during their support hours until tomorrow morning, but I'll let you know what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OAR should be a KAM item, however this was noted a few days ago in a SHO related post as well (can't remember the topic or I would point you to it).

The speculation was that the change to PCM/ECU between the '12 and older SHO vs. the '13+ SHO may be the reason, as on the older SHO the KAM reset (and even just general tune flashes) reset OAR. On the 13+ many people (myself included) noted that it did not change, with a reflash or a KAM reset.

It would be awesome if SCT found a way to do it on the 13+ SHO.

I assume the XSport shares similar changes/behaviors
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on November 14, 2016, 11:21:28 AM
Quote from: 16MagSport on November 14, 2016, 11:13:09 AM
FYI, mine has always measured -0.96 with 91 octane.  When I added 96 and 100 at the track to get me a 93-95 octane mix, it still measured -0.96 so I think that is maxed for mine.

My SCT Pegs/maxes out at -.96 as well. I think it is possible to play with the limits of the value within a tune for finer readings/readings past -1 though if so desired.
That is correct, mine scales to -1.15

MiWiAu

On my drive home today, I focused on light throttle/boost trying to allow the KR climb as far into the negative region as possible for as long as possible. KR maxed out several times at -3.99 (adding spark). After about 10 miles, OAR went from -0.76 to -0.79, then about about a half mile later it jumped to -0.96.

I'll still follow-up with SCT in the morning to see if they can offer any response to the OAR not clearing with KAM reset, but at least I think I can expedite the OAR relearn in the future, if they cannot provide a solution.

Thanks (again) for the help!
2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!