• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU replaced now suspension noise

Started by nopropslaw, February 26, 2017, 06:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nopropslaw

The dealer changed out the PTU on my wife's mkt. Now I get a clunking sound coming from the passenger front going over bumps and dips.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?  I'd like to have an idea of maybe something they left loose or damaged before going back in just incase they try to say it's something not associated and try to say it's not covered.

Thanks in advance.

SHOdded

Possibly did not install the downpipe correctly?  Or could have damaged any number of steering componebrs during lufting/jacking/installation.  Hard to say.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lattyd

Gut feeling for me would be sway bar end links. I'm fairly certain they'd have to disassemble a good portion of the passenger side suspension assembly to swap that PTU.  Just my couple of pennies since that's what I've always had issues with with those noises.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Current: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Performance Pack - KNN Drop-In Filter / H&R Springs / VOXX Matt Black Wheels / Black Trim / NEW: Unleashed Tune - 3 Bar MAP - 170* T-Stat
Previous: 2012 Chevy Sonic - 1.4T - Trifecta Tuned - ZZP Catback - Injen Custom Intake
Previous: 2007 Grand Prix GXP - Trifecta Tuned - Flowmaster American Thunder 40's - KNN Air Intake

nopropslaw

Thank you. I appreciate the responses. I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ZSHO

How many miles on your MKT ?  2014 Correct ? Due setup your signature nopropslaw ,many thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nopropslaw

58k miles. Yes 2014

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk