• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

JMS Boost Max

Started by Randy Stinchcomb, October 17, 2016, 04:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Stinchcomb

Really??
I came in here throwing stones?? When you get comments saying "ITS JUNK" whitout any facts or experience?TV
or Snarky comments saying "dont bother with chips" which this clearly isn't, how is that being constructive?
So I put up a post, 1 person, rockstarr gave me a decent response but the next 2 are without merit and Im the bad guy for going off?
I sea where this thread iz going, best to lock it down or delete it, before on it gets real ugly

bamsho

Go with a good tuner, not this stuff.  80hp gain, highly unlikely, but its your money, your car.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

Stay cool  8) ,Randy..This is only a forum and providing proof of factual data to backup any such claims is key....I am sure the folks here are all well-intentioned and would try not to take anything personal IMHO and will keep this TOPIC opened for further discussions.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

derfdog15

Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on October 18, 2016, 12:44:07 AM
Try following the link.
Just a break down, JMS iz Johnson Motor Sports, started by Chris Johnson, who like most started by "burning" chips in the 1980's for the 5.0 Mustang crowd. JMS also builds and races sum if the fastest  FORDS around. Chris Johnson along with 2 others started SCT, ever heard of them?
Please Don't question me, I've been doing this Alot longer than Most of you have been alive.
I come here to ask if anyone has used and if they've seen the same performance gains, if you don't have anything intelligent to add or say, just STFU and mind your own business, ok?

P.S. while all you basement dwellers were eating your Hot Pockets, I spoke with Rick Erdman at Amazon Tuning Solutions and he installed 1 on his wifes 2014 Sport and on his Dyno, he saw a gain of 80HP, so Smoke sum if that

Hard to take you seriously when you pop off and the grammar/spelling is all over the place as well. I would not trust a single word of advice from Rick at Amazon, given his history with the lightning as mentioned, and with the SVT Cobra. He has scammed countless people on SVTPerformance forums, or sent junk tunes.

Have you seen any dyno proof of these gains? Are they claimed as at the crank or at the wheels (BIG difference on the AWD platform).

And, as others mentioned, you may be able to get that sort of power, but it can't be good for the car. If you trick the car to overboost it, you will inevitably have problems. Why spend ~$310 when you can get a used X4 from the forums here, for ~$300 or a little less if you work a good deal. or a new one for 399 and then add a custom tune on top of that which you can datalog to dial in perfectly. Rather than just tricking the car to overboost, you will be able to modify spark parameters, shift points, and a host of other parameters as well. Plus the chance to get an Ethanol fuel mix tune and crank the spark advance even more.

Not to mention the X4 has a gauge mode (which you use for datalogging) but can also be used on the daily to display pretty much any OBDII parameter on the vehicle.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Randy Stinchcomb

Thank you, that's the kind of "feed-back" I was looking for, not "oh its junk" or "why bother with a chip" I'll look into other options but my price on the BoostMax iz Alot Lower than $300.00 as JMS iz one of my sponsors.
As far as my spelling, well that comes from using Twitter and my time in the Military, that's why I use SEA for See or KNOT in place of Not, among other spelling traits.
Hope you all understand and I apologize for ruffling any feathers, but if I ask a question, I expect an Intelligent answer and not "its junk"
Thank You

TSS

I am Interested in your feedback if you actually try it. Please report back.

And you didn't necessarily ruffle my feathers at all, but I do think that hot pockets deserve an apology.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Randy Stinchcomb

Lmbo, ok, I will take that into consideration and will report back on the BoostMax. For what Im getting it for, it's worth a try, the Boostmax, NOT the Hot Pockets

Rockstar04

Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on October 18, 2016, 11:15:00 AM
Lmbo, ok, I will take that into consideration and will report back on the BoostMax. For what Im getting it for, it's worth a try, the Boostmax, NOT the Hot Pockets

Do you have something like FORScan or Torque to monitor things like knock, AFR, and fuel pressure? The Datalogging and Gauges forum has several threads on setting Torque up.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

Randy Stinchcomb

Ok, thanks, I'll look into it

FoMoCoSHO

What would be awesome is a log of boostmax operation with an x3 or 4 and livelink. Immensely faster, much better data.

Blackhawk

I've been out of the mustang game for a while but was super active around 2000 on corral.net and svtperformance.  Why does your name sound so familiar?

And to answer your original question, a SCT with a custom tune can be had for ~$450.  With the $300 price point for the boostmax for the rest of us, the custom tune seems a little safer and not too much more dough.

Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on October 18, 2016, 11:24:08 AM
Ok, thanks, I'll look into it

AJP turbo

Yeah a log would be great.

I dont see how you can crank that much more power especially without a 3 bar...80 hp is pretty impressive with the stock map sensor

Im still amazed at 1 size fits all tunes...basically thats what the boost max will do...i assure you every tune ive done has unique boost and spark curves because stacked tolerances and fuel require it imho.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BlueSHO

Quote from: Blackhawk on October 18, 2016, 12:13:10 PM
I've been out of the mustang game for a while but was super active around 2000 on corral.net and svtperformance.  Why does your name sound so familiar?

Randy has been in the game a long time and like I said in another post I met him at the first World Ford challenge back in 98 I believe. He was running a then new to the industry 96 4.6 Mustang..
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Blackhawk

Gotcha, I've had a number of sn95 cars.  97 Cobra convertible, S-trimmed 98 Cobra, 95 GT, and a t-trimmed 97 Cobra converted to a 4r70w auto.  I miss my 98 so bad, low miles and rare white with black cloth interior.  First kid came along and I sold it.

Quote from: BlueSHO on October 18, 2016, 12:31:02 PM
Quote from: Blackhawk on October 18, 2016, 12:13:10 PM

Randy has been in the game a long time and like I said in another post I met him at the first World Ford challenge back in 98 I believe. He was running a then new to the industry 96 4.6 Mustang..

Rockstar04

Quote from: AJP turbo on October 18, 2016, 12:18:07 PM
Yeah a log would be great.

I dont see how you can crank that much more power especially without a 3 bar...80 hp is pretty impressive with the stock map sensor

Im still amazed at 1 size fits all tunes...basically thats what the boost max will do...i assure you every tune ive done has unique boost and spark curves because stacked tolerances and fuel require it imho.

Since the BoostMax is rescaling the MAP and TIP readings it can trick the computer into running boost beyond what the sensors can actually read. (I dont have one, or logs to back that up as fact, but it CAN theoretically do that)
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock