• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

JMS Boost Max

Started by Randy Stinchcomb, October 17, 2016, 04:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Stinchcomb

Anyone with any feed back on tbe Boost Max?
I was told an honest 75 to 80 HP gain on my E-Sport.
Plug n' play, takes about 20 mins to install and No tuning required, I can get at a really good price.

Rockstar04

All it does is lower what the computer sees for TIP and MAP readings, causing the computer to command more boost. It does not adjust timing, fuel, or any other engine parameter to do this safely. All this does it lie to the computer.

I'm sure there are some people running them with no issue, but I would never put one on any of my vehicles.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

J-Will

What does "an honest 75 to 80 HP gain" mean?

Dont waste your money on a chip, get a tune

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Randy Stinchcomb

Its Not a "chip" its a control unit and before you all condem it, you should know who JMS is
Www.jmschip.com and learn

FoMoCoSHO

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

glock-coma

It's says "chip" right in the link url lol.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Randy Stinchcomb

Try following the link.
Just a break down, JMS iz Johnson Motor Sports, started by Chris Johnson, who like most started by "burning" chips in the 1980's for the 5.0 Mustang crowd. JMS also builds and races sum if the fastest  FORDS around. Chris Johnson along with 2 others started SCT, ever heard of them?
Please Don't question me, I've been doing this Alot longer than Most of you have been alive.
I come here to ask if anyone has used and if they've seen the same performance gains, if you don't have anything intelligent to add or say, just STFU and mind your own business, ok?

P.S. while all you basement dwellers were eating your Hot Pockets, I spoke with Rick Erdman at Amazon Tuning Solutions and he installed 1 on his wifes 2014 Sport and on his Dyno, he saw a gain of 80HP, so Smoke sum if that

bpd1151

It's junk. Period.

However, Hot Pockets are pretty damn good.

Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Randy Stinchcomb

Ok, and you know this how?

SHOdded

Good info.  I don't think the MAX is junk, it is however limited in scope compared to a fullblown tuner like SCT or MyCal devices.  I don't know about the 70-80 hp claims.  Sure you can turn the boost all the way up and run the car into the ground real quick.  I think that is the key here.  Does the device limit the amount of boost that can be controlled to ensure a safe zone?  Too many people think controlling cars is the same as playing a video game, and that gives devices like this a bad name.

As far as questioning, everyone is open to being questioned.  And please restrain the profanity.  While I can understand your perspective, there is no need to escalate the matter.  Respondents in this thread have been around the EB community for quite some time, heard quite a few stories, and experienced many mods firsthand.  You wanted an opinion, so you got it, unfortunately.
Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on October 18, 2016, 12:44:07 AM
Try following the link.
Just a break down, JMS iz Johnson Motor Sports, started by Chris Johnson, who like most started by "burning" chips in the 1980's for the 5.0 Mustang crowd. JMS also builds and races sum if the fastest  FORDS around. Chris Johnson along with 2 others started SCT, ever heard of them?
Please Don't question me, I've been doing this Alot longer than Most of you have been alive.
I come here to ask if anyone has used and if they've seen the same performance gains, if you don't have anything intelligent to add or say, just STFU and mind your own business, ok?

P.S. while all you basement dwellers were eating your Hot Pockets, I spoke with Rick Erdman at Amazon Tuning Solutions and he installed 1 on his wifes 2014 Sport and on his Dyno, he saw a gain of 80HP, so Smoke sum if that
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Try following the link.

Seems to me you came to this forum based on some knowledge and belief this crowd here has some knowledge and experience. A seasoned crowd. And based upon your registration you have been an active member here for ALMOST 24 hours at the time of my writing this! Then you come in throwing rocks at those very people who are trying to give you working opinion. That you asked for! Have some humility and respect for yourself and others here. My advice, while you may have been around racing, cars, tuners, boost juice, apple sauce, and anything else associated with adding more power to cars, establish yourself first as a MAN! Not as some smart mouth punk kid who knows more than God!

If you bothered searching the forum, the boostmax discussion has come up quite a few times in the past. Here is one here....  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6144.0.html

So bottom line, YOU MUST GIVE RESPECT IN ORDER TO GET RESPECT!!!!!!!!!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

bpd1151

Exactly!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BlueSHO

Try following the link.

Is this the same Rick from Amazon that was a supporting vendor that got run off the Lightning forums about 3 years ago for his inability to tune a Ford Lightning?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

J-Will

Seems like your mind is made up. An honest good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap