• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ProMeth Says Hello - Manufacture of Ecoboost Water Methanol Injection Systems

Started by PROMETH, October 12, 2016, 05:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

PROMETH

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on October 16, 2016, 10:59:53 PM
Need another core intake? I have one on my shelf I don' tneed.

I can't pick it up right now but in a few weeks ill take it. I have three manifolds that we are working with right now. I'd like to have another one.
Email: rodney@prometh.com
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm PST
Phone: Phone: 801.447.2559
Instagram: prometh_injection

PROMETH

Quote from: Vortech347 on October 16, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
I've been trying to tell people this for years.... Glad to see a vendor talking right on theory rather than just trying to make money.  DIRECT INJECTION FOR THE WIN!!!

Quote from: PROMETH on October 13, 2016, 01:26:20 PM

Waiting on customers to do before and after testing. Direct port is the only fix for distribution problems. You can't mount a single nozzle out in front of the throttle body or worse mount nozzle in the throttle body spacers and expect the injection to flow evenly to every cylinder. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work out that way. The manifolds were never designed for wet flow. The injection wants to go to the rear of the intake manifold. Look at the feedback and results on the auxiliary fuel injector systems which placed two fuel injectors in a throttle body spacer vs the port injection systems. The throttle body systems had sever distribution problems. Port injection is the only way to precisely meter how much fluid water meth is sprayed into each cylinder. This is why we have half sizes down in the lower range of nozzle size options we offer. We've been doing direct port injection for years and not every cylinder needs the same amount. When we have cylinders that are running hotter than other we can adjust accordingly through our jetting. We carry 23 sizes of nozzles.

We are finished using push connects for direct port systems in general. This is the best way to do it and a lot safer when using flammable fluids. Nylon hose is to much of a liability. We are finishing up snakes for the Chevrolet market which will go up on the website soon as well as others.

PROMETH

Quote from: SHOurpp on October 16, 2016, 03:02:32 PM
Quote from: PROMETH on October 14, 2016, 04:03:26 PM
Quote from: SHOurpp on October 14, 2016, 01:47:24 PM
what kind of under hood tank do you guys have for the 4th gen sho?

I just had a request for this very thing. I need the upper lid to the supercharger to make a kit.
where exactly does it go?
have a picture installed?
thanks

We have pictures of the F150 installed on our Instgram page along with a lot of other pictures showing who we work with and other products we make.

PROMETH

Quote from: SHOurpp on October 16, 2016, 03:02:32 PM
Quote from: PROMETH on October 14, 2016, 04:03:26 PM
Quote from: SHOurpp on October 14, 2016, 01:47:24 PM
what kind of under hood tank do you guys have for the 4th gen sho?

I just had a request for this very thing. I need the upper lid to the supercharger to make a kit.
where exactly does it go?
have a picture installed?
thanks

As for tank. Everyone is using our trunk mount three gallon tank or washer fluid tank to save money.

FoMoCoSHO

You guys don't happen to design intercoolers do you?

We really need an efficient FMIC.

midnightSun

DIRECT PORT so this looks to be injecting meth in all cyls at the sometime?
What is the advantage of this?
"I'm 30 min away, i'll be there in 10"
2016 Explorer Sport 3bar 93 tune.
Continental ZRY summer tires.
I pull a 30' race trailer with this little SUV at times.
2x Regional Champ!

J-Will

Quote from: midnightSun on October 19, 2016, 11:33:49 PM
Same as the fuel system- you use less water/meth. It also makes sure all cylinders recieve w/m, increasing its capability to clean and mix with fuel. Direct port does not cool air temps as well (there is not enough time before combustion) so a 7th nozzle is sometimes used pre-TB to help cool the air.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOurpp

i am looking for a meth/water tank that fits under the hood of a sho
so you have any or kits?
duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

WickedSHO

Do you have any kits exclusive for the SHO or is it one of your universal kits?
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

Linemonkey

I'm leaning, heavily, toward this setup. I'm curious, since the nozzles are sold separately, and are available in so many sizes, how many changes are necessary before a system is typically dialed in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

J-Will

I'm most interested in your controller options.

Can it control multiple lines? One for the direct port setup, and one line for the 7th nozzle (not connected to the distro block of the direct port)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

PROMETH

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 19, 2016, 05:26:38 PM
You guys don't happen to design intercoolers do you?

We really need an efficient FMIC.

No, we do not design intercoolers. Just water methanol injection systems and components. There are plenty of aftermarket intercoolers being made for the Ecoboost engines.

PROMETH

Quote from: midnightSun on October 19, 2016, 11:33:49 PM
In short. Direct port allows you the precisely control how much water methanol is delivered into each cylinder. Modern day EFI intake manifolds were not designed for wet flow. Many times people are having serious water methanol distribution issues when nozzles are placed before the throttle body or in throttle body spacers. Everyday I have at least one person call describing distribution issues and asking for us to do a custom direct port install on their manifold to fix this.

Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help. Rodney

PROMETH

Quote from: Linemonkey on October 22, 2016, 07:43:34 PM
I'm leaning, heavily, toward this setup. I'm curious, since the nozzles are sold separately, and are available in so many sizes, how many changes are necessary before a system is typically dialed in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Don't worry about the jetting. Thats my job and I will set it up correct just as you need it. At the time of your order we will have you help us fill out our vehicle spec sheet. Jetting will be based off this information as well as the type of fluid you are going to run and your location. Guys in dry areas and low water grains need more jetting than those in humid areas such as florida. Additionally, I will include two additional nozzles that will be a half size larger for free when you order one of our direct port kits with nozzles. If you find you need a little more in one or two cylinders you will already have the nozzles available.