• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ProMeth Says Hello - Manufacture of Ecoboost Water Methanol Injection Systems

Started by PROMETH, October 12, 2016, 05:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROMETH

Quote from: J-Will on October 12, 2016, 08:08:14 PM
By chance, are you looking to build a tank for the SHO engine bay? Preferably one with the pump attached to it.

The direct port for the SHO looks great. Are they any test results?

Last- who makes your pump, and what is the warranty on them? This community has learned (the hard way) that over time meth corrodes the pump requiring a replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not. The tooling is very expensive and the market is to small for the SHO. The demand just isn't there for us like the Mustang which is next.

Waiting on customers to do before and after testing. Direct port is the only fix for distribution problems. You can't mount a single nozzle out in front of the throttle body or worse mount nozzle in the throttle body spacers and expect the injection to flow evenly to every cylinder. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work out that way. The manifolds were never designed for wet flow. The injection wants to go to the rear of the intake manifold. Look at the feedback and results on the auxiliary fuel injector systems which placed two fuel injectors in a throttle body spacer vs the port injection systems. The throttle body systems had sever distribution problems. Port injection is the only way to precisely meter how much fluid water meth is sprayed into each cylinder. This is why we have half sizes down in the lower range of nozzle size options we offer. We've been doing direct port injection for years and not every cylinder needs the same amount. When we have cylinders that are running hotter than other we can adjust accordingly through our jetting. We carry 23 sizes of nozzles.

Three year warranty of pumps when with purchase of system. 1 year warranty of parts.

http://prometh.com/pages/warranty-policy

Aquatic makes our pumps. We are the only company using the 1.5 amp motors as well. We did all the testing and have been using them now for the past two years. Our pumps provide 30% more flow over the competitors 10-11 amps motors. The rpm of the motor is one thing. We've also had Aquatic perform other modifications to get more flow. We work with a lot of high horsepower applications which were requiring two pumps. We can now support 1100-1200 horsepower at the tires with one of our pumps
Email: rodney@prometh.com
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm PST
Phone: Phone: 801.447.2559
Instagram: prometh_injection

PROMETH

J-Will

Thanks for answering my questions and providing more insight into your business.

I am very excited to have you as a member on this board.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

PROMETH

Quote from: scoles92 on October 13, 2016, 11:07:27 AM
welcome! I'm sure you guys will be a lot more reasonable to work with than Snow Performance has proven to be!!

Our business model is a bit different. We do a lot of custom work and work more closely with our customers. We offer custom manifold installations, welding, fabrication, build custom hoses in house , both hardline and braided hose assemblies, that you won't get from our competitors. We are happy doing a few custom systems each day. Our competitors are doing 20-50 systems a day. We are a much smaller company.  Hose systems is an area that we are currently working on improving. For example, the stainless steel flared hard lines is a much higher quality hose system than the push connect fittings with nylon. The cost isn't that much more than doing direct port in plastic nylon hoses so why wouldn't you go stainless.  It last a lifetime, eliminates phone calls and replacement fittings and looks so much better. 

Another new product we've been working with for the past 6 months is your Sniper injection systems. This was developed working with our non-intercooler outlaw drag racers and grudge cars. We can move a ton of methanol in a confined area, saturating the air charge, lots of initial contact area, great for high boost non-intercooler applications.

We are also the worlds first and only company to offer pumpless water methanol injection systems. I designed and developed two packages which we use on our nitrous engines and for our high horsepower (1500-3000+ horsepower) turbo and supercharged cars.

Once we have our controllers in stock we will be launching a lot of new system packages and options as well.

PROMETH

Quote from: Gray Brick on October 13, 2016, 12:10:59 AM
I have been buying pumps, nozzles, and other parts from Rodney @ ProMeth.

I would recommend him in a heartbeat!!!!  He really knows his stuff. :)

Thanks for the comment and support!!

Linemonkey

Great looking products. How difficult is the installation of your direct port/7th injector system, on the SHO? Is it necessary to remove the intake? I'm no novice, at wrenching, but not a pro, either lol. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

EcoPowerParts

Welcome, thanks for joining and FYI you need something for my other vehicle - '11 CTS-V :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOurpp

what kind of under hood tank do you guys have for the 4th gen sho?
duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

PROMETH

Quote from: Linemonkey on October 14, 2016, 07:43:23 AM
Great looking products. How difficult is the installation of your direct port/7th injector system, on the SHO? Is it necessary to remove the intake? I'm no novice, at wrenching, but not a pro, either lol. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

For the Sho you need to remove the intake and mill the back side flat on the intake runners. To make this go easier I have intake manifolds here that are already machined and with the injection installed ready to bolt on. There is a core charge of $250 which we credit you back if you send you manifold back into us.  If you want the manifold powder coated this is also something we can do. Manifold complete with injection installed is $499.99 shipped

Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help.

PROMETH

Quote from: SHOurpp on October 14, 2016, 01:47:24 PM

This is the least expensive tank we carry for under the hood. Its three quarts and comes with brass vent and sight tube which you can install on either side of the tank. Here's a link to all the tanks we carry and manufacture.

https://prometh.com/collections/tanks

PROMETH

I just had a request for this very thing. I need the upper lid to the supercharger to make a kit.

PROMETH

Quote from: Rockstar04 on October 14, 2016, 04:17:46 PM
That direct port setup is very nice looking!

Thank you. You can see pictures of it installed on our instagram page. The first layout had fitment issues and required doing the lines differently. This fits with out any issues. This system will last a life time and never have the issues like the plastic hoses and push connect fittings.

SHOurpp

Quote from: PROMETH on October 14, 2016, 04:03:26 PM

I just had a request for this very thing. I need the upper lid to the supercharger to make a kit.
where exactly does it go?
have a picture installed?
thanks
duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

Vortech347

I've been trying to tell people this for years.... Glad to see a vendor talking right on theory rather than just trying to make money.  DIRECT INJECTION FOR THE WIN!!!

Quote from: PROMETH on October 13, 2016, 01:26:20 PM

Waiting on customers to do before and after testing. Direct port is the only fix for distribution problems. You can't mount a single nozzle out in front of the throttle body or worse mount nozzle in the throttle body spacers and expect the injection to flow evenly to every cylinder. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work out that way. The manifolds were never designed for wet flow. The injection wants to go to the rear of the intake manifold. Look at the feedback and results on the auxiliary fuel injector systems which placed two fuel injectors in a throttle body spacer vs the port injection systems. The throttle body systems had sever distribution problems. Port injection is the only way to precisely meter how much fluid water meth is sprayed into each cylinder. This is why we have half sizes down in the lower range of nozzle size options we offer. We've been doing direct port injection for years and not every cylinder needs the same amount. When we have cylinders that are running hotter than other we can adjust accordingly through our jetting. We carry 23 sizes of nozzles.

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0