• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Updated PTU Vent Installed - 2011 SHO

Started by lattyd, October 10, 2016, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

Ok:: Breather / Fill for PTU, On the Cheap

5 Ft of 1/4" Gas Line (4.00 Approx) at Auto Zone
Breather Filter (I like this one - on Ebay) 9.50 Delivered
1 - 5/8" Hose Clamp @ the PTU (.50 ) about

Drain and Fill in Minutes, using Pump Filler, So Much for no PTU Drain
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

TopherSho

Quote from: irondoor19 on June 05, 2017, 02:11:51 PM

!?  It doesn't need to be pressurized ?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Linemonkey

Sorry for that "buttdial" post. Finally got to a computer to delete it
2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

SHOdded

Quote from: Linemonkey on June 05, 2017, 06:27:20 PM
I spent the whole day trying to make sense of it.  LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Linemonkey

Quote from: SHOdded on June 05, 2017, 06:29:10 PM
Quote from: Linemonkey on June 05, 2017, 06:27:20 PM
I spent the whole day trying to make sense of it.  LOL.
I'm just an idiot lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

irondoor19

Quote from: TopherSho on June 05, 2017, 04:12:04 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on June 05, 2017, 02:11:51 PM

!?  It doesn't need to be pressurized ?

AS FAR as we know it does not need to be pressurized
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

lattyd

Quick Update 7/1/17 I changed the PTU fluid again. Had about 5,000 miles since i changed it / performed vent update.

Looks pretty good. No metal shavings or "hair" on the magnetic plug. Also the oil was still pretty thin by 75w140 standards - nothing close to the sludge I pumped out originally. It was still pretty black though. I put in Redline fluid this time to see how that fairs.

Current: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Performance Pack - KNN Drop-In Filter / H&R Springs / VOXX Matt Black Wheels / Black Trim / NEW: Unleashed Tune - 3 Bar MAP - 170* T-Stat
Previous: 2012 Chevy Sonic - 1.4T - Trifecta Tuned - ZZP Catback - Injen Custom Intake
Previous: 2007 Grand Prix GXP - Trifecta Tuned - Flowmaster American Thunder 40's - KNN Air Intake

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FiveLeeter918

Sorry to resurrect, but do any pics exist of where the factory vent is located? Looking to do mine tonight and thus is on my list to add.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

glock-coma

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on July 07, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
Sorry to resurrect, but do any pics exist of where the factory vent is located? Looking to do mine tonight and thus is on my list to add.
Usually by the brake booster/master cylinder.
It connects to the front strut tower brace.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on July 07, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
If you still need a PIC LMK! Since we have the same application!  Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

I did what is know as the pigtail, the little metal tube coming out of the ptu known as the vent, I put gas line on the vent tube secured with a hose clamp, ran it up to the brake booster and zip tied it, put the breather cap back on the end. I could tell I was a little low on ptu fluid after changing it because the tube hummed and I could smell it since I took off my cowl trim ....in a fit of anger....since replaced since the smell then came in the registers and into the car.....Have not changed it through the tube by sucking it out yet....I used Amsoil....my go to lube-heh heh
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.