• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dash Cam Mounting

Started by Wardog692, December 11, 2017, 09:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardog692

Anyone mounted/hardwired a dash cam in their Taurus? I'm probably getting one as a Christmas gift ( Yi 1080p Cam).

I was hoping there was anther way to mount the cam other than suction cup, but that's not looking likely (don't think I can clamp it to the rear-view mirror can I?). Also any diagrams of how you hardwired it?

Thanks.
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

Dxlnt1

I had mounted a blackvue in my truck Didn't install in SHO as I was then and still on fence as if I will keep car or not.

This was camera I purchased. If you get the Blackvue, be sure to get the Power Magic pro kit for it. Allows you to hardwire power to fusebox.

https://www.blackvue.com/dr650s-2ch/

The install in its simplest form. It took me about an hour to install in my truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1SpGxHOf4

Demo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbGx47cEPCs

https://dashcamtest.de/en/review-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch/
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Wardog692

Update: I got a Yi, and was able to mount it to the rear view mirror. I've got all the cabling hid nicely. My issue now is I can't seem to find the right fuse to hardwire into!

I have tried numerous fuses, and only one seems to provide power (DRL fuse, 21 I think) but this provides constant power even when the car is off which means the dash cam will kill the battery. Every other fuse seems to not provide power no matter if the car is off, accessory, or fully on, no power whatsoever. Those who have hardwired a dash cam or radar detector, where did you tap into?
2010 SHO 402b non PP
mDesign CAI
35% Tint

ZSHO

I used slot #31 which is for power/accessory located under the Drivers side Dash (BCM) fuse box! 
Here's my very own "How To" thread below. 
If you have any questions feel free to ask.  Z  :)
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6964.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

The fusebox layout is different for 2010-12 IIRC
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

LostnEye

I have a Thinkware and it came with a mount with double sided tape. I put it near the rear view on the passengers side so I don't see it when I'm driving. I didn't do the hardwire so I'm not sure what wires were tapped.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

Wardog692

My fuse tap has 2 ports for fuses. Do I need to have a fuse in both for it to work maybe?
2010 SHO 402b non PP
mDesign CAI
35% Tint

ZSHO

Quote from: Wardog692 on December 29, 2017, 02:07:23 PM
My fuse tap has 2 ports for fuses. Do I need to have a fuse in both for it to work maybe?
If you're referring to the add a fuse then yes you will need two 5 amp fuses!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Wardog692

Quote from: ZSHO on December 29, 2017, 02:41:28 PM
Quote from: Wardog692 on December 29, 2017, 02:07:23 PM
If you're referring to the add a fuse then yes you will need two 5 amp fuses!  Z
That might've been my issue, I'll try that out this weekend, thanks guys!
2010 SHO 402b non PP
mDesign CAI
35% Tint

turbobum

I don't have a picture but I have a Street Guardian SGZC12SG dash cam mounted to the windshield on the passenger side of the review mirror in my 2018 F-150. The power cord is tucked under the headliner and ran down the passenger side A pillar.