• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Road course

Started by Half-Fast, October 05, 2016, 10:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Half-Fast

I see lots of folks like to drag race their cars, but is there anyone who has taken theirs out on a road course?
2014 SHO PP Deep Impact Blue.  All stock...

Ryan02Stang

Our cars are too fat for the road course...LOL!
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

Rockstar04

Not my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpPKkPDuec

There is a road course near me and I would LOVE to take my XSport out for a track day.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

Half-Fast

Quote from: Ryan02Stang on October 05, 2016, 11:57:44 AM
Our cars are too fat for the road course...LOL!
I've seen Chargers, Crown Vic's and Fairmont out there.   I guess we'll see how she does. 

Half-Fast

Quote from: Rockstar04 on October 05, 2016, 01:23:43 PM
Not my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpPKkPDuec

There is a road course near me and I would LOVE to take my XSport out for a track day.
What a coincidence!  That's my local track.  Dude's got a good line. 

AnotherGreenFusion

that is my long term plan, drag is just a really good and cheap way to get data logs and an idea of power output. There is a track about 3 hours from me that does all-day events for about $300 for the driver.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

Half-Fast

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on October 05, 2016, 02:22:42 PM
that is my long term plan, drag is just a really good and cheap way to get data logs and an idea of power output. There is a track about 3 hours from me that does all-day events for about $300 for the driver.
Let me know if you have any questions.  I am a track day instructor in the D.C. area with SCCA, and a licensed race driver.  I work on my own car, and have a decent amount of knowledge of how to drive fast, and cure handling challenges.

mval

a lot of us tracked our gen4,5 sho's a the sho convention last year in chicago. i'm a complete novice but was surprised at how good she did. wouldn't do it again, really hard on a car like ours. here's a link to youtube vid. one thing i can say as an owner of a '09 chally is that the sho is a much better road course than the chally based upon driving a windy road on my drive to & from work every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ACaFxqnByc

'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Vortech347

With good driving you'll be surprised what these boats can handle. They are 10x better than my Marauder was open track and even then I was able to crawl up the tail pipe of much more capable cars but not capable drivers.

I plan on taking mine out to Utah Motorsports Campus (Former Miller Motorsports Park) next spring.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

92BlackGT

i'm taking my SHO to a Precision Drivers course on Saturday at OSU-OKC. It is taught by the police driving instructors
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Half-Fast

Good to know there are a few of us nut jobs out there.  :ford:

Half-Fast

Did pretty good in the rain...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Half-Fast

It was!  I was actually surprised how well it felt.  Sure it wasn't my race car, but for a boat with a big motor, it inspired confidence.  I will say though, I could feel the "nannies" keeping me in check :)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Half-Fast on October 10, 2016, 01:02:22 PM
It was!  I was actually surprised how well it felt.  Sure it wasn't my race car, but for a boat with a big motor, it inspired confidence.  I will say though, I could feel the "nannies" keeping me in check :)
Were you in track mode?