• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AGM setting with VCMII

Started by cljnco, October 01, 2016, 03:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cljnco

Hello, I was curious of the settings available to ford techs. So one of the Techs who finished working on my car let me cycle through the options on the VCMII hooked up to my car at the time. I didn't change anything wasn't brave enough and the guy standing with me wouldn't let me anyway. I was fascinated at one of the options I saw, Well actually many, but one kind of stood out. That was regarding the cars electrical/charging system. There was an option to select AGM or Standard battery. My friend wasn't sure why that was an option, and in fact was kind of surprised to see the option on this car. He told me that his guess was for the purpose of the Battery saver system. He says he really only seen the options on hybrids. 

I was wondering do any of you know what this option specifically changes?

SHOdded

Good find!  Different types of batteries charge best differently,  maybe?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AnotherGreenFusion

This is altering your as-built data. Forscan supports most Ford cars and trucks so you can do this with the right adapter and a copy of Forscan for the PC (the phone apps just do data logging and code scanning).
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost