• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New 2016 Dodge Charger RT Scat Pack

Started by staged_sho, September 27, 2016, 04:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staged_sho

Hello folks,

Moving on to a new and different car.  Got rid of the SHO and into a new Charger RT Scat Pack.  So far, I love it.  Starting it gives me a smile every time.  It is quite loud both inside and outside.  I did cross shop the Chevy SS as I came from the LS crowd, but I really prefer the looks of the Scat Pack.

Got it with the technology group, driver confidence group and beats audio.  Kept the standard wheels which look great in person.

The ZF 8-speed auto is amazing.  The shifts are very quick and firm and makes driving so much fun.

One thing that was impressive is the UCONNECT mobile app.  I can see where my car is on a Google map within the mobile app.  Very, very cool.

Car is at a detail shop getting paint correction, Modesta BC-04 and windows tinted.  Will post pics when I get it back.

This is a great forum with great people so I won't be leaving.
Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa

SHOdded

Sad day to see the SHO go, but glad you are staying.  So what made you decide to switch?  You said the Charger is new?

Def looking forward to pics of you new ride.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Very nice! 

I shopped a left over 2015 Charger R/T Road & Track with every option in my car search that ended with the MKS.  There were some irritating quality control issues that kept me from going all in on the Charger.  Paint issues, interior trim pieces not installed correctly, etc.

That being said, I loved the way it drove.  The 8 speed auto was excellent, the infotainment with track apps was excellent, and the chassis felt significantly better than the SHO/MKS thanks to being a true rear-drive car.

If I could have afforded a Scat Pack car, I would have overlooked the quality control issues.  That thing must be a beast!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

CroR1

bpd1151

Owned and '07 Charger R/T prior to the SHO.

Just like the SHO, it too was featured on tv, featured in magazines, and was the recipient of multiple awards respectively, and was also all set to make it's appearance at SEMA back in 2009 before the double rollover crash occurred.

Miss that car very much, but still love my SHO too.

Pics when it comes back from tint and paint protection. Look'n forward to it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

staged_sho

Quote from: SHOdded on September 27, 2016, 04:25:42 PM
Sad day to see the SHO go, but glad you are staying.  So what made you decide to switch?  You said the Charger is new?

Def looking forward to pics of you new ride.

I wanted to go back to a V8 powered car.  I originally was looking at the 6th gen Camaro, but it's entirely impractical for me.  I also looked at used modded 2nd gen CTS-V's.  In fact for around the same price, there are several 600-700rwhp ones for sale. I came from the LS world so I really did miss it.  So the options I had were few for me, even when looking at the used/pre-owned market. 

The car sounds amazing.  The SHO I had with the Corsa is laughable in comparison.

Yes, brand new.  Put in an order in August so this was before when the 2017 order banks started earlier this month. 

Here's one pic the day I picked it up.

CroR1

looks awesome, congrats on the new ride.

bpd1151

Quote from: CroR1 on September 27, 2016, 07:10:06 PM
looks awesome, congrats on the new ride.
I agree. Looks downright sinister.

Congrats for sure.

sholxgt

Jealous!!!  That looks incredible.  Very aggressive look!  I love it!
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

staged_sho

Thanks all!  Yes, that front end looks pretty mean.  I am incredibly excited.

Looks like it's going to rain over the next few days, but the detailer said he's going to take before and after shots for me, so probably will be indoor shots.

Here's a great video review.  I really like his channel.
http://youtu.be/m6OAfjN1xqc

The color I got is called Maximum Steel.  Was dead set on granite until my brother sent me this vid. The owner of the Maximum Steel one added SRT wheels btw. 
http://youtu.be/9RbvS9OGdQU

92BlackGT

very nice! i like the way the Chargers look now but I still don't trust Chrysler transmissions
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

staged_sho

Thank you.....in regards to the transmission, I hope it's something I don't have to worry about for a long time.

It's true the build quality is inconsistent.  The interior light dial is loose and has quite a bit of play.  Actually, the dashboard brightness dial does the same thing.  Also, already hear a slight rattle around the rear deck area.

sholxgt

Quote from: staged_sho on September 28, 2016, 07:50:17 PM
Thank you.....in regards to the transmission, I hope it's something I don't have to worry about for a long time.

It's true the build quality is inconsistent.  The interior light dial is loose and has quite a bit of play.  Actually, the dashboard brightness dial does the same thing.  Also, already hear a slight rattle around the rear deck area.

The rear deck was rattling in the one I test drove.  I suspect some Dynamat may be needed.

I wouldn't worry too much about that transmission.  That new 8 speed is pretty stout compared to almost anything else on the market.  Granted, it's having to hold quite a bit of power.