• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2-3psi boost fluctuation at WOT

Started by CavVet5000, September 27, 2016, 10:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CavVet5000

I'm wondering if it is normal for the boost to fluctuate 2-3psi at WOT... I will try and post a data
log screenshot of it. The Escape has 65k miles on it and runs good but I am wondering if this is normal or if I have a boost leak, or the factory diverter valve is leaking or what the deal is. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/143433145@N06/shares/hn8S81[/img
2013 Deep Impact Blue Escape Titanium, 2.0 EcoBoost bone stock with 65k on the clock.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

If you look closer you might be surprised what your car does...do a 3rd gear sweep from 2000 rpm and you might see more than 5 psi....instead od looking at boost you should be looking at desired tip to see what the car wants to target
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

CavVet5000

This is a 3rd gear pull from about 3k rpm, the blue line is actual tip in KpA and the green line is desired tip.

2013 Deep Impact Blue Escape Titanium, 2.0 EcoBoost bone stock with 65k on the clock.

AnotherGreenFusion

'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

CavVet5000

Forgot to make it public, should work now.

AnotherGreenFusion

The fluctuation in the boost is normal. Tuned or stock?

A lot of tunes I have seen max the desired boost all the way across the band.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

AJP turbo

See what I mean...Yours looks like its following desired well...

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

CavVet5000

Thanks for the insight  :cheers: but is it normal for the actual boost line to be so choppy?

CavVet5000

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on September 27, 2016, 12:32:42 PM
The fluctuation in the boost is normal. Tuned or stock?

A lot of tunes I have seen max the desired boost all the way across the band.

It is 100% stock

ZSHO

CavVet5000 due setup a INTRO for yourself simply by following this link and add your signature with your current vehicle and any mods that you may have so we can assist you better,thanks  Z   http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: CavVet5000 on September 27, 2016, 12:38:31 PM
Thanks for the insight  :cheers: but is it normal for the actual boost line to be so choppy?

yup normal, you are watching the ECU try to keep the boost at the desired level by messing with the throttle plate and wastegate IIRC. Mine has always done this. You can compare to logs others have posted here too.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

AJP turbo

Honestly, boost is somewhat irrelevant....its a hard adaptation to make but if you get hung up on looking at boost you will thing there is soemthing wrong

The ecoboost cars are targeting torque levels..it will do whatever is necessary to achieve that torque so boost will be all over the place

I tune for boost because its what i like and what im comfortable with and thats how most people prefer it too...

I can tune either way for people but in the low end and midrange you dont need as much boost for s given torque level so boost goes down and people think something is wrong

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress