• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Intercooler help?

Started by WaelSHO, September 22, 2016, 08:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Thats great you changed to a lower 170-stat but would also flush out the coolant and would add this to the mix based on the owners manual especially if you live in warmer climates which should help in your situation.  Z..                                              If you drive in extremely hot climates: • It may be necessary to have a Ford authorized dealer decrease the coolant concentration to 40%.

A coolant concentration of 40% will provide improved overheat protection. Engine coolant concentrations below 40% will decrease the corrosion and freeze protection characteristics of the engine coolant and may cause engine damage.  http://www.fortau.com/engine_coolant_check-163.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: WaelSHO on September 25, 2016, 08:18:58 AM
Check this.. So I went searching online for a trans cooler.. Ended up finding this.

Is this the one ? It says on the website that it is not compatible with my year model (2011).. should I look else where? Or it would fit anyways?

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-OEM-AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-OIL-COOLER-2013-2015-FORD-TAURUS-/231915536421?fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3ATaurus&hash=item35ff3e4025:g:GY0AAOSw6oBXEmlX&vxp=mtr
Compatibility is listed based on OFFICIAL use & fit, so naturally it will say not a fit for your 2011.

These are the latest part numbers I know of that you should be looking for:
DG1Z-7R081-A - $52.85 (bypass valve & lines assembly) #6 in illustration
DG1Z-7H322-A - 30.22 (bypass valve only) #9 in illustration
DG1Z-7A095-D - $126.34 (trans cooler) #1 in illustration
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

WaelSHO

Thanks for the reply... will do my best to order one too... and plus for the 40% cooling water... it might not be as good to use here... because in the summer the weather goes up to 50 degree Celsius... but in the winter it goes down to a max of -2 degree celsius... plus its a very dry area here.. so the winter breeze is messed up, for that, I personally think that at the time being, a thermostat might be just enough.

Speaking of thermostats, please check this photo, I took it like 10 minutes ago, is it me? or is the temp gauge is going down a little bit more than the factory one be.

Thanks !
*K&N Intake
*Muffler Delete
*170 Thermostat
*Unleashed Tune
https://www.instagram.com/evil_sho/