• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is the D and S position the same when tuned?

Started by purebe, August 23, 2016, 03:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

I think some of what makes SCT great also makes them out of touch a little bit...They are BIG....so I think sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is up to.

Ford is reusing some of the strategy catch codes...So I think that's why the dumb SCT guy fought with SHOLX about what his car was....They have told me before that my strategy was for an old ford ranger lol....But that's just going off the 4 digit code..When they get the entire strategy they should be able to tell what it is

And unfortunately I think the guys at SCT on the frontlines for retail customer support are not the greatest personnel SCT has to offer
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BOT_ROCKET

That's the impression that I got when I called about getting support for the FuSpo. The guy was 100% convinced that the car was supported and that I had a defective device. After 5 minutes of banter, I kicked it into his head that I have a brand new model of a car that has never been tuned by anybody anywhere, including them. He started mumbling with the phone mic covered with somebody and came back to tell me that my car isn't supported yet.... "Yes, I know that. That's why I'm calling." He told me they are working on it.

I think I'll just let AJP be my SCT rep from now on since he seems to know just as much about what's going on as anyone that actually works there.

Soontm
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

sholxgt

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 19, 2016, 11:43:33 PM
I think some of what makes SCT great also makes them out of touch a little bit...They are BIG....so I think sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is up to.

Ford is reusing some of the strategy catch codes...So I think that's why the dumb SCT guy fought with SHOLX about what his car was....They have told me before that my strategy was for an old ford ranger lol....But that's just going off the 4 digit code..When they get the entire strategy they should be able to tell what it is

And unfortunately I think the guys at SCT on the frontlines for retail customer support are not the greatest personnel SCT has to offer

I agree completely. I do want to clarify though. The fight was regarding my 2013 MKS. He repeatedly said they do not support the Lincoln MKS.  The fact that it's an SHO with a different badge did not matter to him.

After about 30 minutes of trying to hang up on me, he went to a supervisor who told him that my car is supported.

I have had two vehicles with DiabloSport programmers. Very different experience, but maybe I was just lucky.

Wish our platform was popular enough to attract Cobb. I like their device.

For anyone reading, I wouldn't take my experience as a reason to not use SCT. The tuners are what matters and we have great ones that use SCT.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Vortech347

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 19, 2016, 07:18:36 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on September 19, 2016, 05:52:23 PM
In a former A-hole strategy I had, the tuning process was yielding very different results between Drive and Sport.  Including transmission settings and boost profiles.

However they have now been addressed and all is well after having the dealer do a reflash to change my strategy.

Anything else change?..how was it reccomemded to you to change the strategy?😎 ;D ;D

This guy right here....  :)
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

AJP turbo

Vortech had a strategy that was jacked up, it is unclear to me whether it was a bad strategy from Ford or if SCT had screwed it up. Something was making the desired TIP(boost) dive bomb at high RPM...Very strange it was.

The way I understand it is SCT has access to Ford data base of strategies and calibrations...When a new strategy is requested they pull the stock file from the database and migrate it into the software.

It's supposed to be an untouched Ford calibration....So it could've been messed up from Ford or maybe something got corrupt during the migration to the SCT software or maybe a tech that does the transfer at SCT could've introduced something causing the weirdness.

When SCT makes a strategy available it's loaded to the servers and SCT dealers like myself run an update on our personal software package and then I have access to the stock strategy to make changes to.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress