• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

guys with snow performance stage 3

Started by scoles92, May 10, 2016, 02:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoles92

There fb dosnt have an option to rate them and it looks like they don't get much traffic. I did Google and BBB last night. Dought it will make a difference but oh well..
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

scoles92

well snow should be getting something from the BBB today, not that they care..

heres a couple unanswered complaints already on the BBB page concerning snow performance. guess we're not the only ones having problems...

Complaint
I purchased a NEW snow performance part# 20010 from one of their vendors selling on ***** Upon installation of the system the nipple of the boost box vc-20 snapped off. It is mad out so a plastic that must be defective or too weak to perform its task. I called and sent emails to Nathan at the warrantee department and he told me in the owners manual it states if you purchase below MSRP it voids the warranty. I returned the email and said now was I suppose to know that if I didn't have the owners manual until I already purchased the product and didn't have access to this info? I asked 2 times in recorded emails to speak to a higher authority on the issue but the request was never granted. I called today today and was told by customer service " she didn't have time to deal with my issue and the phone was ringing off the hook". I asked to talk to Matt **** and she said no one speaks to Mr. ****, which is untrue because I spoke to him before I purchased and he seamed genuine and had a lot of good info. This is why I made to choice to purchase his product but I will not deal with companies or refer businesses with poor customer service and hiding behind small print and sneeky business practices to avoid warranty and save a few bucks. This business advertises a quality product and is based in the USA but I would rather buy a foreign product next time. Purchase price was $356.51

Desired Settlement
To replace the faulty unit VC-20

Complaint
I have made 2 phone calls and talked to ****** the operator who said tech support would call me. Never received a call. I sent emails to tech support, customer service and sales looking for information and never got a response.

Desired Settlement
Tell me what's going on with my repair! I spent over $500 and your product failed after 2 passes at the drag strip. I have already missed 2 events and will miss this weekend event. Repair and return my controller or send me a new one. Snow performances actions on this matter is making it difficult to convince other racers to give the product a try.
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

scoles92

UPDATE: The bbb sent me an email and said they made multiple attempts to get into touch with snow regarding the complaint i filed but never heard back.. blah blah blah..

Anyhow, today i finally just decided to buy the damn controller. I talked to a "manager" a while back who said that he'd give it to me for $200 instead of the "warehouse" price of $235 because he admitted i had been slightly wronged on this deal. He even told me that he'd write it on my file and that i could call back anytime and get it for $200 no questions asked. Well either he never did that or they just decided to stick it to me once again either way i got tired of fighting and just payed the $235.

In conclusion, if you are someone looking at snow performance as a viable option to spice up your SHO, i'd personally suggest looking elsewhere..

sholxgt

Thanks for the update...even if it wasn't a good one for you.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

x2.  No redemption for Snow, and looks like they could care less about the BBB.  Big honking warning sign ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

X3, don't buy their crap

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

bpd1151

One would think, given all the craptastic experiences with Snow, that Torrie would distance himself and his company from continuing to advertise, promote, and sell their products.....

But yet even at this very moment, all of their crap is still listed on his site.

Tsk tsk tsk..... shame.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

scoles92

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 19, 2016, 06:57:44 PM
One would think, given all the craptastic experiences with Snow, that Torrie would distance himself and his company from continuing to advertise, promote, and sell their products.....

But yet even at this very moment, all of their crap is still listed on his site.

Tsk tsk tsk..... shame.

I have to agree with you on that one!

I feel like i get an email every other day from Torrie advertising snow performance products. I made sure that as I went through this whole debacle Torrie was in the loop. He knew i was having problems since day 1 and that i had gotten the run around from snow since day 1 as well. I even asked him to send an email to try to loosen up the log jam and they ignored his emails right along with mine.

My family owns a business, that i will soon be taking over, and if one of suppliers played this game with us or our clients they wouldn't be around long at all. That being said i think Torrie is a super stand up guy and i like working with him. definitely not trying to bash him or his business in any way.

I think sometimes as consumers we want instant results and repercussions when we get wronged but for all we know torrie has sold 1000 kits and only had problems with a handful. I seriously doubt it but who knows..

bpd1151

I agree with you as well..... and for as many people who rep Torrie & Unleashed, it's amazing given the growing masses of problems developing around Snow Performance,  that he would stand idly by and let one supplier tarnish his image.

Doesn't seem to far fetched as a business owner, to part ways with them.

Wonder why he continues with the relationship?

sholxgt

Unleashed recently added AEM as a supplier for meth injection kits. Maybe it's an attempt to find a replacement?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

bpd1151

I hope for all their customer's sakes,  that's the case.

Certainly don't care to see any SHO owner on the short end of the stick,  with faulty, crap products like those reported with Snow Performance.

ZSHO

I certainly questioned Torrie on the matter a while back about the Snow failure and especially about the crap customer support from Snow themselves but in his view he was unaware of any such failures.....its kinda limited to argue in a vendor section to a certain extent even for me.LOL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

Well I guess when I am looking for meth injection it certainly won't be from Snow. I'll look at AQUAMIST,  maybe AEM and some others....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.