• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rx Monster Catch Can on XSport 2.0 - No Drill (Almost)

Started by MiWiAu, September 14, 2016, 09:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ZSHO on August 08, 2017, 07:38:42 PM
Welcome 207 and see if this thread helps any. 
Due setup an intro at your earliest convenience,thanks.  Z
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2536.90.html
[/]

I read that thread ZSHO... None of the images work and the PDF from RXSpeedworks locks up my computer (not responding) so, I had to reboot...
I'll go work on the other link.

2016 Ford Explorer Sport
2003 Ford Harley Davidson SuperCrew

Quote from: MiWiAu on August 08, 2017, 08:00:07 PM
Quote from: 207 on August 08, 2017, 07:28:33 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread but, seeing that Photobucket is holding everyone's pictures for ransom obviously the photos of the install do not appear any longer.  And I've had no luck searching the web.

I have the can installed on my 2016 Explorer Sport and all of the lines run to approximate attachment points. I installed the can in the D/S fender well without removing the front fascia. I did it from underneath by removing 3 bolts on the plastic splash panel and used a bungee cord to hold it out of the way to gain access.

Anyway, I have the following questions..

1. At what points is everyone "tapping into" to obtain the vacuum from the turbos on the XSport?

2. The aluminum adapter required for the late model Explorers.. Where exactly does it go?? I've searched the web for hours and could find no useful image / information.

3. On the tube that runs from the front valve cover near the oil fill (and gets capped off) to the turbo tube near the air cleaner has an electrical sensor tapped into it. What happens with that sensor, is it deleted?

If the pictures were still in this thread I probably wouldn't be asking this.
Thanks in advance

In lieu of pictures, here are a couple of answers:

1) I used the rear BOV port on the charge pipe (VTA on rear BOV required) and the quick connection on the front charge pipe (same connection where tube you reference in question 3 terminates). If you VTA the front BOV, you could also use that larger 1" port instead of capping.

2) I'm not sure to which adapter you are referring. Are you talking about the mounting brackets? Do you have a picture you could attach?

3) Hopefully one of ZSHO's links addresses this. My '13 did not have the sensor; it was added later. I recall reading about it on this forum but don't remember the solution off hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply...
I don't know how to upload pictures but, I found the adapter in this link.

http://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/assets/images/MP1065-12-1.jpg

And for the old guy... what is VTA?  BOV I have covered. LOL
2016 Ford Explorer Sport

MiWiAu

Quote from: 207 on August 08, 2017, 08:11:38 PM
Thanks for the reply...

Hmm. I have no idea what that adapter is for. It's a straight through piece, and not a check valve?

VTA is "vent to atmosphere." The BOVs blow out under the hood instead of back into the intake. Sounds more ricer. :)

If you figure out how to upload photos, don't use Photobucket. LMAO

2013 XSport

Quote from: MiWiAu on August 08, 2017, 08:30:10 PM
Quote from: 207 on August 08, 2017, 08:11:38 PM
Thanks for the reply...

Hmm. I have no idea what that adapter is for. It's a straight through piece, and not a check valve?

VTA is "vent to atmosphere." The BOVs blow out under the hood instead of back into the intake. Sounds more ricer. :)

If you figure out how to upload photos, don't use Photobucket. LMAO

DUH... I did't think of that one for VTA. LOL 

Oh well, I've been into my supercharger the last 11+ years. The last turbo I had was back in the early to mid '70's when I was drag racing my '72 turbo CB 750 Honda.. with no BOV. ;)
(no it didn't come with a turbo... one had to build your own back then)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Just an update on the 2016 Explorer Sport....

I got the OCC setup completely installed. Only had to drill one hole / "tap into" the pipe that leads to the rear turbo. (never figured out what that aluminum connector adapter was for)

I installed the OCC on the DS frame horn behind the headlight. Ran the hoses from there under the air filter box along the turbo tubes and to their appropriate locations.
Once all back together all you can see is the one hose at the rear turbo tube / tap and the one hose to the CSS / oil cap looks a little different from stock.

To drain it all I have to do is lay on the ground, reach up into the DS front portion of the fenderwell, pull out the hose, insert into the appropriate container and open the drain petcock.

Now to see what it captures.
I've been running an OCC on my 5.4 S/C truck for ten plus years now and I know these OCC's work. 

*edit* One thing not seen are the 2 check valves... I installed the hoses first and then selected and "cut in" where I wanted them. The one for the turbos is mounted down by the transmission dipstick / front turbo tube and the one to the manifold vacuum is up on top of the engine near the PCV valve.
2016 Ford Explorer Sport

MiWiAu

Quote from: 207 on August 15, 2017, 09:07:48 PM
Just an update on the 2016 Explorer Sport....

I got the OCC setup completely installed.

Thanks for the update and photos! Looks like a nice install. I meant to get in and update my Photobucket links updated, but my laptop hard drive crashed rendering it inoperable. Sorry I couldn't be more help in time for your project. :(

2013 XSport

No problem... It gave me more time to stare at what I had to do and to think about what installation route to take. LOL.
A couple of more pictures and showing the check valve locations.

1. What the setup looks like with the engine cover on.
2. With the engine cover removed.
3. Check valve to the intake location. (yellow spring clamps)
4. Check valve for the turbo side, somewhat under the air filter box. (yellow spring clamps)
5. Hose route to the turbos.. from the check valve / OCC, around the larger hose, the "T" connection which is made under that hose and continues up to the rear turbo tube "tap in" point.
That was the best route to take which didn't kink the hose.
2016 Ford Explorer Sport

SHOdded

Drive recovery is expensive.  Hope you did not lose important data!

You can contact Xago Lab, maybe they can help.  It's my brotherinlaw's company.
http://www.xagolab.com/contact/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on September 09, 2017, 04:17:48 PM
Drive recovery is expensive.  Hope you did not lose important data!

You can contact Xago Lab, maybe they can help.  It's my brotherinlaw's company.
http://www.xagolab.com/contact/

Thanks, Manu! I think I had most of the important stuff backed up, but thanks for the reference, just in case!

I assume Z is still the off topic police chief, so we should probably get back to it. ;) LOL

2013 XSport