• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Magnaflow Cat-back

Started by BoostedSHO, May 24, 2016, 03:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostedSHO

Any of you guys have the Magnaflow cat-back installed on your SHO or have any experience with it? I was considering the Corsa cat-back but after watching this video I started to consider Magnaflow. The guy goes on to explain that the Corsa sounds great with stock down pipes but sounds terrible with aftermarket down pipes, which is something I am going to purchase as soon as I get the funds.

https://youtu.be/128SB_RY0UQ
2013 SHO PP
LMS v10 93 3bar tune
MDesign CAI
NW Suburbs, IL

SHOdded

I don't think there will be any issue with PPE or Livernois downpipes.  Stainless Works for some reason was not "compatible".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostedSHO

Is there any drawback with going with one brand over the other Corsa vs. Magnaflow?
2013 SHO PP
LMS v10 93 3bar tune
MDesign CAI
NW Suburbs, IL

makoskey

Corsa is a true bolt on. On the Magnaflow you have to cut after the 3rd catalytic converter to install. I assume it is to keep it 50 state legal. May want to take that into consideration.

I loved the sound of mine, but I have had Magnaflow on all the vehicles I have owned so I am a little biased! 
2013 SHO
Livernois DPs, 91 octane V8 tune 160tstat
Magnaflow CB

ZSHO

There is no "Bias" here,just take a look at my signature and go with the Magnaflow cat back and with the xtra money saved you can indeed put that towards the install of the exhaust/DP combo in the very near future.IMHO & Enjoy the Beast & Best of luck.  Z   ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Nasty93

I am the service manager and the dealership i work for. I have magnaflow on my car but do see other other SHO's come in from time to time. Ive had the chance to compair a few of them including corsa and stainless works.

After driving them all. I would but the magnaflow 100 times over before i got any other the other ones. I have a turboed camaro and its loud. I dont want my daily to be obnoxious or drone or anything that the camaro does. Its deep and clean sounding. No drone at ALL.
2013 SHO PP - Unleashed Tune/3 bar /Magnaflow Catback /1 Step colder plugs/H&R springs/Cold Air/Caliper Covers

1993 Z28 88mm Turbo - street car

bee615

I have the Magnaflow cat back along with Livornois catted downpipes on my MKS.  It is noticeable louder than stock but still pretty quiet.  If you want something aggressive sounding you might consider the Corsa. 
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0 TT AWD
2017 Dodge Hellcat Charger - 825 rwhp
(SOLD) 2013 Lincoln MKS AWD w/Ecoboost - Airaid, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow catback, 3 bar MAP, SCT Livewire TS, Unleashed tune, TSW wheels

Hotsho

i just got the magnaflow cat back exhaust and can't wait to get it on , planning on getting the catted dp soon after this should i get the livernois dp since i have there tune.

hawkeye93

I don't know if it makes a difference with the Magnaflow, but I'll share my experience with the Livernois/Corsa catback.  I have PPE catted downpipes, and when I added the LMS/Corsa catback, it was very raspy; sounded terrible.  Supposedly, it is not raspy with the Livernois downpipes.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

markssho

How does that compare with the Ford Performance cat back?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5200-SHOTC

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

ZSHO

Quote from: markssho on July 02, 2016, 10:30:50 PM

The best of my knowledge the F.Performance exhaust is a re-branded version of the Borla cat back which is discontinued and certainly a hard find...basically the same configurations as the Magnaflow with its 3rd cat back to help with the rasp.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostedSHO

Quote from: Hotsho on July 02, 2016, 06:33:49 PM
i just got the magnaflow cat back exhaust and can't wait to get it on , planning on getting the catted dp soon after this should i get the livernois dp since i have there tune.

Post a video when you get it installed!

I don't think its necessary to get LMS downpipes. I also have their tune but I'm going with PPE catted DP's for a few different reasons but mainly because I have an aftermarket warranty and I don't want it throwing codes when I flash back to stock if I have to bring it in for service. 
2013 SHO PP
LMS v10 93 3bar tune
MDesign CAI
NW Suburbs, IL

cseverens

Quote from: markssho on July 02, 2016, 10:30:50 PM

$1549!! I can sell it much cheaper than that.
2013 Ford Flex Limited E/B

gladams

how does the corsa sound when hooked up to stock DP? Sreetside has the corsa for 1315.46. I have not had any dealing with them. Anybody?. They do not have a show room and all parts must be shipped, which is included. They are about 20 miles from me and was told ship only no matter how close. Thanks. They also have magnaflow.
2013 SHO mineral gray,  airaid CAI, Corsa exhaust
Traded the 2014 Fusion Titanium for........
2012 Mustang GT sterling gray 5.0 6sp manual. Roush CAI, Noise delete kit, lower control arm brace.

kpad09

Curios if anyone has a sound clip of the magnaflow with catless DP's. Curious how much more aggressive it makes it sound.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

2014 Taurus SHO non PP, 3Bar Map, 6510 NGK's gapped to .30, 170 degree thermo